CLion 2020.3.2 Bug-fix Update
CLion 2020.3.2 bug-fix update is now available!
Notes for Mac users
If you are using Mac with Apple Silicon (M1 chip), you might have noticed that we’ve started shipping separate builds for you to get CLion that runs natively on M1, not via Rosetta2. Because of some technical issues, it is not possible to use a patch to update from 2020.3.1 to this new 2020.3.2, so you have to download the full build from our site. The update dialog will still suggest that you use a patch-update, but if you apply it, it will not work correctly for Apple Silicon. We will improve this behavior starting from the next version. We are very sorry for the inconvenience!
Here are the most notable fixes:
- Makefile projects loading has been improved for directory changes (CPP-23429) and shell command substitutions (CPP-20126).
- The performance of clangd-based inspections is improved when the WSL2 toolchain is used.
- To enrich CLion’s Run/Debug with root privileges functionality, v2020.3.2 enables running embedded and remote GDB servers as root.
- We’ve added the ability to cancel long ClangFormat execution (CPP-22954).
- A few new MISRA checks were added.
- It is now possible to open projects in tabs on macOS Big Sur (JBR-2893).
- Fixed the shortcut issues for those who use Mac with an M1 chip (JBR-2981, JBR-2999).
- Fixed the IDE’s behavior when you double-click on a file in Local Changes. This action now opens the file in the editor (IDEA-235910).
- Fixed the incorrect focus when dragging a file over an IDE window in Windows 10 (IDEA-244511).
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…