CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so!
The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include:
- The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access.
- Streamlined integration with PlatformIO, an open-source platform for embedded developers.
- Enhanced integration for vcpkg, one of the most widely adopted package managers in C++.
- Major debugger updates, including attach to remote and WSL processes and register value views.
Fixes and improvements
CLion v2023.2.1 brings several important bug-fixes and improvements:
- AI Assistant:
- We removed redundant empty lines in the AI Chat when requesting a CMake error explanation.
- AI actions work correctly when called at the end of Doxygen comments.
- We added support for the “external” strategy of “toolset” and “architecture” fields in CMakePresets.json for MSVC compilers (CPP-31353).
- We fixed an issue with CLion not detecting shell scripts correctly and marking them as C++ header instead (CPP-34057, CPP-26460, CPP-28799).
- CLion no longer wipes the toolchain settings when
armis specified as a target architecture for the MSVC toolchain.
- CLion now opens a Qt UI Designer when clicking on Qt UI files.
- Debugger enhancements:
- The new PlatformIO plugin for CLion received several fixes and updates (CPP-34587, CPP-34184).
- Performance issues caused by package management integration have been fixed (CPP-34406).
Full release notes are here.
What’s coming next
Are you interested in what’s coming next? The CLion 2023.3 roadmap includes overall improvements to IDE performance and quality, LLM-based improvements, Meson and Bazel support, the ability to inspect assembly without a debug session, and other enhancements. Read this blog post for more details.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 EAP2: Support for Device Tree Files and Meson
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program has just started, featuring assembly view for files, enhanced C++ data flow analysis, and other updates. The CLion 2023.3 EAP2 build is ready for you to try! With it, you can finally start working on Meson projects in CLion and benefit from device tree format s…
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…