CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so!
The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include:
- The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access.
- Streamlined integration with PlatformIO, an open-source platform for embedded developers.
- Enhanced integration for vcpkg, one of the most widely adopted package managers in C++.
- Major debugger updates, including attach to remote and WSL processes and register value views.
Fixes and improvements
CLion v2023.2.1 brings several important bug-fixes and improvements:
- AI Assistant:
- We removed redundant empty lines in the AI Chat when requesting a CMake error explanation.
- AI actions work correctly when called at the end of Doxygen comments.
- We added support for the “external” strategy of “toolset” and “architecture” fields in CMakePresets.json for MSVC compilers (CPP-31353).
- We fixed an issue with CLion not detecting shell scripts correctly and marking them as C++ header instead (CPP-34057, CPP-26460, CPP-28799).
- CLion no longer wipes the toolchain settings when
armis specified as a target architecture for the MSVC toolchain.
- CLion now opens a Qt UI Designer when clicking on Qt UI files.
- Debugger enhancements:
- The new PlatformIO plugin for CLion received several fixes and updates (CPP-34587, CPP-34184).
- Performance issues caused by package management integration have been fixed (CPP-34406).
Full release notes are here.
What’s coming next
Are you interested in what’s coming next? The CLion 2023.3 roadmap includes overall improvements to IDE performance and quality, LLM-based improvements, Meson and Bazel support, the ability to inspect assembly without a debug session, and other enhancements. Read this blog post for more details.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…
CLion Nova: AI Assistant and Enhancements From CLion Classic and ReSharper v2024.1
CLion Nova is a free preview of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. With this update, CLion Nova has finally moved to the 2024.1 branch. This means that all of the enhancements brought by the CLion Classic 2024.1 EAP are now available in CLion Nova: CMake writing ass…