JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in September
It’s already October, and we are excited to share all the new topics and projects that were released in September. In total, we created 5 new projects, including our new Go project, and added more than 50 new topics. Thanks to your feedback, we were able to release 2 projects from Beta: Flashcards (Python) and Connect Four (Kotlin).
What’s new in Java
What’s new in Python
- Django: Django MVC, Starting a project
- Additional instruments: find() under the hood, sort() under the hood, ast module
- Control flow > Functions: Function annotations, Python unpacking operators (* and **)
- Python libraries: SQL Alchemy updating and deleting data
- Working with data: The string module, The Shutil module
- Code quality: Logging
What’s new in Kotlin
- Additional instruments: Thread as object, Debugging simple constructs, Custom threads, Advanced debugger features
- Control flow: Function references
- OOP: Generics and Any, Inheritance and constructors, Type aliases
- Types and data structures: MutableMap
What’s new in Android
What’s new in Frontend
What’s new in Go
What’s new in Data Science
Topics: Ensemble methods, Searching within a pandas DataFrame, Multiple linear regression, Logistic regression, Logistic regression in sklearn, Regularized regression, Regularized regression in sklearn
What’s new in Math
What’s new in Fundamentals
- Algorithms and structures: Comparing the shortest path algorithms, Searching problem
- Databases and SQL: Grant, Revoke
- Dev tools: Introduction to docker, installation, Foreground and background jobs, Loops and sequences, Run the “hello-world” docker container, Getting information about processes
- Essentials: Color models and color spaces, Introduction to software architecture, Virtualization, Class Diagrams, Paradigms
- UI/UX: Feedback, Input fields and field labels, Information architecture
Keep in mind that the alpha and beta projects are in the early stages of testing. We appreciate your feedback on such projects – it helps us improve and publicly release them sooner. In order to see beta projects at the platform, you need to have the beta testing feature enabled in your profile settings. Alpha projects are currently available only via a direct link.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.