Kotlin 1.1.1 is out

Today we’re releasing the first bugfix update for Kotlin 1.1. The primary focus of this update is to address regressions causing incorrect code generation; we wanted to get those fixes out as quickly as possible. The details are available in the changelog.

The specific changes worth highlighting are:

• Gradle incremental compilation is now enabled by default. You can still turn it off as described in the documentation if you need to.
  • Kotlin plugins are now available in the Gradle plugin portal. See the documentation for usage instructions.
  • Using function types with receivers as parameter types of JavaScript external declarations is no longer allowed. Previously, lambdas passed to such parameters weren’t invoked with correct arguments, and there’s no easy workaround for this issue, so for now we’ve decided to disable the functionality.

We’ve also updated the Kotlin Eclipse and NetBeans plugins to include Kotlin 1.1.1, so you can enjoy the benefits of the new Kotlin version regardless of your IDE choice.

How to update

To update the IDEA plugin, use Tools | Kotlin | Configure Kotlin Plugin Updates and press the “Check for updates now” button. Also, don’t forget to update the compiler and standard library version in your Maven and Gradle build scripts.
The command-line compiler can be downloaded from the Github release page.

As usual, if you run into any problems with the new release, you’re welcome to ask for help on the forums, on Slack (get an invite here), or to report issues in the issue tracker.

Let’s Kotlin!

This entry was posted in Releases. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Kotlin 1.1.1 is out

1. Pavel Savinov says:

Let’s Mortal Kotlin begin! Fail build on Jenkins — Checked!

• If you have any issues with this update, please provide the details here

• Pavel Savinov says:

Problem was with ‘kotlin-kapt’ gradle plugin. Kotlin 1.0 add this plugin by default, but with Kotlin 1.1 developer should add it manually to project. Now project build works fine.

• yanex says:

Kapt is still available in Gradle without applying the ‘kotlin-kapt’ plugin. But by default Kotlin uses the old annotation processing implementation, while ‘kotlin-kapt’ uses the new one, available from Kotlin 1.0.6.

Can you provide some details about what actually failed (http://kotl.in/issue)? It looks like a bug in the old kapt implementation.

2. Pingback: Kotlin 1.1.1 发布,基于 JVM 的编程语言 | News Pod

3. Pingback: Kotlin 1.1.1 is out | Ace Infoway

4. Tim van der Leeuw says:

Trying to download the release from maven central gives me an error 404.

Did something go wrong with the release deployment process, or should I wait for all mirrors to catch up??

I can open the URL:

And I see the list of artifacts. However if I then click on on the name of the JAR file I get a 404.

If I do the same for release 1.1.0:

And click on the name of the kotlin-stdlib-1.1.0.jar file my browser will offer me to download it.

I’m not sure if I should raise an issue for this in the issue tracker – it seems a problem with the release distribution process via Maven rather than an actual issue with Kotlin.

• Tim van der Leeuw says:

The issue is now fixed in Maven Central but in order to get my project build to working again I had to throw away the Gradle caches… Otherwise it would still refuse to download that JAR!

5. Pingback: Kotlin 1.1.1 erschienen: Erstes Bugfix Update für Version 1.1 - JAXenter

6. Geobert Quach says:

Is 1.1.1 released for AS 2.3 as well? Can only see it on EAP channel, not in stable

7. plugins {
    id “org.jetbrains.kotlin.jvm” version “1.1.1”
    }

kotlin2js – Is there an appropriate plugin for it?