Join Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8! Practice Round to Be Streamed by tourist
Kotlin Heroes is our Kotlin-only quarterly coding contest hosted by the Codeforces competitive programming platform. This contest is a great way to play around with the powerful Kotlin features and practice the language by solving fun tasks. It is great for programmers of any level and there is a chance for anyone to win one of our cool prizes: exclusive Kotlin Heroes t-shirts, stickers, and even money.
Stream by tourist
This round is a very special one. The Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8 practice round will take place during the world’s “programming Olympics” – the ICPC World Finals. The most exciting part is that Gennady Korotkevich, aka tourist, the most awarded competitive programmer in the world and a repeat winner of Kotlin Heroes, will solve the practice round tasks during the event opening on October 2, 2021.
And we are thrilled to be livestreaming it to you!
Here’s the suggested timeline for you to join in with Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8:
- October 1, join the practice round. Practice your algorithmic problem-solving skills and try to solve the training problems on your own. In this round, all solutions are open and you can get hints if you are stuck. It starts on October 1, 2021, at 13:35 UTC and lasts for a week.
- October 2, watch our broadcast and learn from the world’s highest-rated programmer, tourist.
- October 3-6, check out our competitive programming resources to polish your skills. Refresh your knowledge of Kotlin and learn more about competitive programming:
- Learn Kotlin Basics
- October 7, you are now ready for the real challenge! Take part in Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8.
- The contest features a set of up to 10 problems that range from simple ones, designed to be solvable by anyone, to hard ones, to make it more interesting.
- You are only allowed to use Kotlin to solve these problems.
- You have 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the tasks.
- You move up the leaderboard by finding the most efficient solutions to the problems in the shortest time possible.
- The top three winners will receive prizes of $512, $256, and $128, respectively.
- The top 50 contestants will win an exclusive Kotlin Heroes T-shirt and Kotlin stickers.
- Every competitor who solves at least one problem is entered into a drawing for one of the 50 exclusive Kotlin Heroes T-shirts.
The tasks of this episode were designed to suit programmers of all levels, so everyone has a chance to win prizes. Even if you’ve never competed before, Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8 is a great chance to hone your Kotlin skills and discover the joys of competitive programming!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Join Us for a Live Introduction to Algorithmic Challenges in Kotlin!
Are you preparing for technical interviews, or do you simply want to master algorithms? Join us for a practical livestream where we’ll introduce the Algorithmic Challenges in Kotlin course!
Kotlin News: KotlinConf 2024 Tickets, Compose Multiplatform 1.5.0, Grants Program Winners, and More
KotlinConf 2024 Tickets, Kotlin Multiplatform Naming Update, Grants Program Winners, and other Kotlin news!
Win a Trip to KotlinConf’24 in the Kotlin Multiplatform Contest!
Are you a student or recent graduate? Create a cross-platform project in Kotlin, if your entry takes one of the top spots, you’ll win a trip to KotlinConf'24!