MPS 2.0 is out
This is a big day for all the MPS users, developers and fans. Version 2.0 has just been released bringing tons of new features and improvements. You might have heard about some of these, if you followed our progress as MPS marched through the several milestones on its way to maturity. Just to briefly recap the major highlights of MPS 2.0:
- Support for creating standalone customized language IDEs
- Type-system improvements plus the ability to trace type calculations
- Scripting and customization of the build process
- Redesigned UI for merging different versions safely and intuitively
- Intelligent paste code from Java
- The Dataflow Analyzers language
- New organization of editor tabs
- Tabular editors
- Reorganized Make/Generate actions
- Performance and memory optimization
For more detailed description of these and other new features, please refer to the What’s new page. If you downloaded the RC-5 release last week, you are all set, since there were no changes made after RC-5. Otherwise, this is definitely a good time to download MPS 2.0 and do some serious business with it.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team