JetBrains MPS 3.0 just released
This is the big news that we’ve been saving for today – JetBrains MPS 3.0 is ready for you to grab and use. Our development effort has brought serious improvements to your favorite language workbench. The major new features and capabilities include:
- Tight interoperability between Java and BaseLanguage in IntelliJ IDEA, allowing you to safely navigate and refactor your code while ignoring the language boundaries.
- Multiple editors per concept to fully leverage the projectional nature of the MPS editor
- Smoothened the editor experience for BaseLanguage, giving you almost text-like feel in most situations
- Open API offering you managed access to the MPS repository, its modules, models and nodes
- Custom persistence API to easily customize the way models get stored
- Default editors to ease language prototyping and provide fallback editors
- Automatic Java to MPS BaseLanguage conversion in the IDEA plugin for easy code migration to MPS
- Improvements to the UI, including the fancy Darcula color scheme
On the practical side, MPS 3.0 comes with a collection of migration scripts that will automatically convert your projects into the new format.
We’re really curious to hear your opinions about our new release. Please, let us know your thoughts.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
MPS Community Meetup 2023 is happening!
The MPS Community Meetup is back! Join us for the MPS Community Meetup 2023 in Munich on May 11 and 12. Like previous years, the event will be a series of talks from the community and the MPS team sharing the product’s status. Register today! The call for speakers is open! We are accepting talks…
Early Access Program for MPS 2022.2
As previously mentioned, we decided to skip MPS 2022.1 as we were too busy fixing issues from the last release and didn’t have enough time to prepare the new functionality. Now we have new features to present to give you a glimpse of what’s to come in MPS 2022.2. DOWNLOAD MPS 2022.2 EAP Annota…
MPS Is Skipping the 2022.1 Release
MPS 2022.1 was supposed to be released this month, but we unfortunately have to announce that this is not going to happen. The previous release, MPS 2021.3, was released late, which gave us a shorter time frame for fixing the bugs of the new features, while also developing functionality for MPS 2022…
The MPS 2021.2 Bug Fix Is Here
This is a special minor release containing primarily fixes that were requested by our support contract clients. In case you haven’t heard about our support program, we provide professional services to our clients to help them use MPS to achieve their goals faster. This business model allows us to ke…