JetBrains MPS 3.0 just released
This is the big news that we’ve been saving for today – JetBrains MPS 3.0 is ready for you to grab and use. Our development effort has brought serious improvements to your favorite language workbench. The major new features and capabilities include:
- Tight interoperability between Java and BaseLanguage in IntelliJ IDEA, allowing you to safely navigate and refactor your code while ignoring the language boundaries.
- Multiple editors per concept to fully leverage the projectional nature of the MPS editor
- Smoothened the editor experience for BaseLanguage, giving you almost text-like feel in most situations
- Open API offering you managed access to the MPS repository, its modules, models and nodes
- Custom persistence API to easily customize the way models get stored
- Default editors to ease language prototyping and provide fallback editors
- Automatic Java to MPS BaseLanguage conversion in the IDEA plugin for easy code migration to MPS
- Improvements to the UI, including the fancy Darcula color scheme
On the practical side, MPS 3.0 comes with a collection of migration scripts that will automatically convert your projects into the new format.
We’re really curious to hear your opinions about our new release. Please, let us know your thoughts.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team