MPS 3.3 EAP 2 made available
- TextGen now allows node attributes to override text generation rules for the attributed nodes. Generator can transparently pass node attributes through the generation process so as they can take effect in a later phase.
- The way TextGen creates files for root nodes has changed to provide greater flexibility for extending concepts.
- The mechanism for loading aspects has been unified for all language definition aspects.
- Generic support for commenting out nodes has been implemented – MPS now provides a universal way to comment out nodes in models. Language designers do not have to implement their own mechanisms, but instead can customize the one provided by MPS.
- Annotations can be used to override type-system inference rules for expressions/literals.
Descriptions of all the new features are gradually being added to the What’s new in MPS 3.3 page. Check it out for full details.
We hope you’ll experiment with the new possibilities and keep us informed about how you liked them.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
MPS Community Meetup 2023 is happening!
The MPS Community Meetup is back! Join us for the MPS Community Meetup 2023 in Munich on May 11 and 12. Like previous years, the event will be a series of talks from the community and the MPS team sharing the product’s status. Register today! The call for speakers is open! We are accepting talks…
Early Access Program for MPS 2022.2
As previously mentioned, we decided to skip MPS 2022.1 as we were too busy fixing issues from the last release and didn’t have enough time to prepare the new functionality. Now we have new features to present to give you a glimpse of what’s to come in MPS 2022.2. DOWNLOAD MPS 2022.2 EAP Annota…
MPS Is Skipping the 2022.1 Release
MPS 2022.1 was supposed to be released this month, but we unfortunately have to announce that this is not going to happen. The previous release, MPS 2021.3, was released late, which gave us a shorter time frame for fixing the bugs of the new features, while also developing functionality for MPS 2022…
The MPS 2021.2 Bug Fix Is Here
This is a special minor release containing primarily fixes that were requested by our support contract clients. In case you haven’t heard about our support program, we provide professional services to our clients to help them use MPS to achieve their goals faster. This business model allows us to ke…