PhpStorm 3.0: New and Noteworthy in Database Realm
There are many little things in database and SQL area that got attention in PhpStorm 3.0 release but now I just want to highlight the major ones.
Data Sources view got a new look and now includes stored procedures both from DDL scripts and real databases. The existing SQL dialects support has been redesigned with two new dialects introduced: H2 and MS Transact-SQL. So the list of supported SQL languages now looks like this:
- MySQL 5.6
- PostgreSQL 9.0.5
- Oracle 11.2
- SQLite 3.7
- SQL Server 10.50
- Derby 10.8
- HSQLDB 2.2
- H2 1.3
- Exact syntax as in docs
- Context-aware completion
- PL-extensions support
- Includes stored procedures. Search for usages, navigate to, drag and drop to editor, etc.
- Working with large databases is now less painful. Tables and procedures are available the moment their names are loaded. Columns, procedure parameters and other information are loaded in background afterwards.
- If something is changed there’s no need to wait for the whole synchronization. Refresh only selected schemas, tables or procedures.
- Console now remembers its state so you won’t lose statements you have never run.
- If you do not want to switch editors back and forth you can run statements directly from an SQL file or any other place where SQL injection takes place: invoke “Run Query in Console” intention for the first time then use console “Execute” action shortcut as if you are in console.
- Transact-SQL batch execution mode (the toggle is hidden in the console properties dialog)
- Console editor now can be undocked and split as any other editor.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Qodana Clone Finder: Early Access Program
In December 2020, we announced the EAP for Qodana, which is rapidly evolving into a comprehensive platform that allows companies to perform multi-level evaluations of the quality of code they own, contract, or purchase. Qodana helps you detect bugs without relying on an IDE, either on a local machi…
PhpStorm 2020.2 EAP #3
The Early Access Program for PhpStorm 2020.2 is in full swing and today we’ve got the third build of the 2020.2 EAP for you. In this blog post, you can read about improvements for Git installed in WSL2 and Search Everywhere. Download PhpStorm 2020.2 EAP (more…)…
PhpStorm 2019.3.3 Preview
We’ve just rolled out a preview for the third minor update for PhpStorm 2019.3. Please give the PhpStorm 2019.3.3 Preview build 193.6494.5 a try and share your feedback with us. (more…)…
How to Upgrade to PHP 7.4 with PhpStorm
Check out our fresh video with a few nice tips and tricks on how to update your codebase to PHP 7.4. It combines materials from the PhpStorm 2019.2 and PhpStorm 2019.3 releases, with a few cool bonuses to boot. Nikita drew our attention to the fact that setters are slower than assigning prop…