PhpStorm & WebStorm 4.0 Early Access Program started
There’s a lots of changes, totaling to hundreds of tracker votes, but here is the list of visible features already available to focus on:
- IntelliJ Platform 11.1 with lot of improvements and even more streamlined UI
- PHP Language support for Traits and other 5.4 features. We only started with this so trait conflicts, method renaming and parent calls are not yet analysed by IDE. Toggle 5.4 feature usage checks in Inspections/PHP/General/Language Level
- PHP Code Coverage is now built in for both Xdebug and Zend Debugger
- PHP debugger supports remote command line scripts and PHP 5.4 built-in server
- Code Inspection got new analysers for PHP and JS
- ECMA Script 6 (Harmony) features are now supported
- SASS & LESS code formatting and advanced features, CoffeeScript support is improved (kudos to RubyMine team!)
- Project generation from HTML5 boilerplate and NodeJS boilerplate
We’ll publish a series of detailed blog posts on new features. Please note that all of these are work in progress and will undergo series of both technical and cosmetic changes during next months. Also, much more stuff is coming – so do not hesitate with feedback, the milestone build is only couple months away!
- EAP users should know the drill, but since this is a major upgrade – we’ll repeat:
BACK UP YOUR PROJECT INFO BEFORE 1st RUN
- Config folder name changed to WebIde40, so all previous builds settings are unaffected by this one – bu you may want to copy your previous settings over to not start from scratch
- 3rd party plugins may cease to work with this build (bug authors for platform 11.1 support)
Download PhpStorm & WebStorm 4.0 EAP build 114.158 for your platform from project EAP page.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains Web IDE Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PhpStorm 2023.2 Beta
In this build, we’ve added new inspections for PHP assertions and revised the integration with third-party quality tools.
PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #6
This build brings improvements for generating PHPDocs, support for Laravel Pint, a single point of access to all PHP framework plugins, and much more!
AI Features in PhpStorm: PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #5
The next EAP build for PhpStorm 2023.2 is now available, and it’s an exciting one! It is the first build to include features leveraging the enormous potential of generative AI and large language models (LLMs). Our Early Access Program (EAP) allows you to try new features from the upcoming PhpStor…
PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #4
This build includes a bunch of usability improvements, such as abilities to pin Run configurations and sort files by modification time in the Project view. The EAP allows you to try new features from the upcoming PhpStorm version, 2023.2. EAP builds are free to use and you can install them side b…