[Webinar Recording] Refactoring Legacy Code with PhpStorm
The recording of our January 28th webinar featuring Mathias Verraes and Mikhail Vink, Refactoring Legacy Code with PhpStorm, is now available on JetBrains YouTube Channel.
In this webinar, Mathias starts from a piece of code that is messy and uncovered by tests. Using PhpStorm’s automated refactoring tools, the code is gradually cleaned up, moved around, and brought under test. What emerges is a cleaner, more expressive domain model. This webinar is geared towards developers of different proficiency.
Books recommended by Mathias during the webinar:
Books not mentioned during the webinar, but also recommended by Mathias:
- Joshua Kerievsky, Refactoring to Patterns
- Steve Freeman & Nat Pryce, Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests
The most important hotkeys used during the webinar:
- Generate… (e.g. Generate PHPDoc Block) – Cmd-N on Mac OS X, Alt + Insert on Windows/Linux;
- Highlight code coverage results in the editor – Alt-Cmd-F6 on Mac OS X, Ctrl+Alt+F6 on Windows/Linux. Or choose Tools | Show Code Coverage Data;
- Refactor This – Ctrl-T on Mac OS X, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T on Windows/Linux. Or choose Refactor | Refactor This;
- Move to previous/next word in the editor – Alt-Left/Right (hold Shift for selection).
Please see a full PhpStorm keyboard reference.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!