PhpStorm 8 Early Access Program started
This build includes a bunch of new features, bug fixes and improvements from PHP, Web and IntelliJ platform sides (including long-awaited Multiple Selection – check the end of the post for more details).
From the PHP side, this build delivers:
- Source & Test directories for PHP: Matching for project structure and namespaces (as in PSR-0), Detecting PSR-0 structure on new project, Maintaining structure on new class creation and refactorings
- Line comments now can keep indentation (see WI-14262 for more information)
- Drupal 8 support
- Improved formatting of chained calls
- Quick Documentation for live templates
- Local History for selected function, class or method
- New PHP formatting options: Class fields alignment
- Unwrap/remove action for control structures
- New PHP debug feature: Copy array/object value path (in variable context menu)
- Allow to generate multiple getters/setters for a field
- Type inference: instanceof with OR, support for array access via constant
- New intentions: Replace ternary expression with if, Simplify if, Fix function signature intention for unused function parameter
- Notable bug fix: type inference doesn’t override @var property hints any more
- and much more (see complete list in our issue tracker)…
WebStorm 8 EAP is available as well (read more in WebStorm blog), and from the Web side we are ready to deliver:
- Advanced AngularJS support
- REST client improvements: Cookies
- Bower integration: search through Bower registry, manage components in the IDE
- RequireJS aliases support
- CucumberJS support
- Less 1.6 support
And finally, IntelliJ platform side brings us many features including:
- Live templates are now suggested in code completion
- Code blocks automatically indented after closing a curly brace
- Support for Windows/Linux HiDPI devices via -Dis.hidpi=true
- Multiple Selection (the most requested feature in PhpStorm)
With Multiple Selection, we can put our cursor in multiple locations in our file and write code simultaneously in these positions. Press Alt+Shift on the keyboard and use the mouse to select the locations of cursors.
With Select Next Occurrence or Alt+J (Ctrl-G on Mac OS X) we can add the next occurrence of the current word to the selection and then easily replace it. Hitting Escape lets us work with one cursor again. Please note that Select All Occurrences feature is on the way and will be available in one of the next EAPs.
Let’s see how we can add some new lines and replace print with echo:
This build includes a 30-day time-limited license. There is no patch updates available.
Remember to install .zip & .tar.gz versions into completely empty folder. Do not just unpack over previous version!
Please note that 8.0 builds use separate settings folder so either automatic or manual import of settings may be required. 3rd party plugins may or may not be compatible with 134.x builds – please ping plugin authors in case of any problems. We gladly offer them our support.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team