Drupal 8 support in PhpStorm 8 EAP
As the beta release of Drupal 8 is approaching, we are glad to share some cool news with you. In addition to already supported Drupal 7 & 6, we’ve introduced Drupal 8 support and it’s already available through our PhpStorm 8 Early Access Program.
All the features included in PhpStorm’s Drupal support are now fully available for Drupal 8, including:
- Enabling Drupal integration in an existing PhpStorm project, or creating a new Drupal module.
- Development environment auto-configuration (coding standard, file associations, etc.).
- Drupal hooks support (Completion for hook declaration, Navigation to hook invocations, Navigation to documentation from hook implementation and backwards, Quick docs for hook declaration).
- Drupal command line tool Drush integration.
- Search in Drupal API right from the editor.
We’ve allowed for more changes in the API, architecture, module skeleton (.info.yml file instead of .info file), and more changes introduced in Drupal 8.
For a walk-through, see the updated tutorial on Drupal development using PhpStorm.
Download the latest PhpStorm 8 EAP build and report any bugs or feature requests to our issue tracker.
Oh, and if you are at DrupalCon Austin these days, make sure to meet our team at booth #406 in the exhibition area on June 2-5. Talk with us about Drupal & PhpStorm, enter the license raffle and grab a yo-yo!
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!