PhpStorm 8.0.2 EAP 138.2502

Posted on by Mikhail Vink

We are glad to announce start of Early Access Program for PhpStorm 8.0.2 bug fix update. PhpStorm 8.0.2 EAP 138.2502 is available for download.

Significant changes are:

• Support for Blade custom delimiters
  • Possibility to specify path for PHP binary instead of path for directory containing PHP binary
  • Support for ANSI sequences in console output (for remote PHP interpreters, Behat & PHPUnit)
  • PHP parser fixes
  • many bug fixes and improvements (see full list in our issue tracker)…

Other improvements and IntelliJ platform and web support changes are also included, see complete release notes.

Download PhpStorm 8.0.2 EAP build 138.2502 for your platform from project EAP page and please report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker. There are no patches available this time.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

25 Responses to PhpStorm 8.0.2 EAP 138.2502

1. Bryan Green says:

September 26, 2014

Hi,

I’d like to offer my thanks and gratitude to all the developers and staff at JetBrains. These are great products!

I must have missed the details about “PHPStorm64.exe”. It looks like it’s been around for a few releases.

What further details can you share about the 64-bit version? Any gotchas compared to the 32-bit version? It seems like I can address more JVM memory with this version. This certainly is appreciated.

Best.
    Bryan

• Mike says:

September 29, 2014

Thanks to you Bryan, me too I see a PhpStorm64.exe and would like to know more about it.

• SearchBuzz says:

September 29, 2014

+1 for me too. Im sure there will be a follow-up

• Bryan Green says:

September 30, 2014

This blog is nice but a response from Jetbrains would go a long way.

• Mikhail Vink says:

October 6, 2014

In fact, there is not much to add about that – yes, we do provide PhpStorm64.exe for Window (it just comes with standard PhpStorm distribution). The major benefit is the one already mentioned here – you can allocate more memory for JVM.

• Bryan Green says:

October 8, 2014

The additional memory footprint has already proven to be quite useful. Thank you.

• venimus says:

October 6, 2014

Why would you need x64? It just takes more RAM

• Adam says:

October 6, 2014

Because 64bit software gives you access to more memory. 32bit memory addressing only gets you access to about 3.3 GB of ram. With 64bit addressing, you can access… well, a whole crapton more.

If you have a 64bit capable computer, and more than 3.3 GB of ram, running the 64bit version is a no-brainer. Sure, it takes a little more ram, but the benefit far outweighs the slight overhead increase.

2. Juan Carlos says:

September 26, 2014

I’m getting this update recommended from the stable 8.0.1. Is this ok?

• Mikhail Vink says:

September 26, 2014

Most probably you have “EAP channel” chosen in Settings | System Settings | Updates.

• Juan Carlos says:

September 29, 2014

That was it. Thanks!

3. Serkan Ciracioglu says:

September 29, 2014

Blade indent has not support yet!!

4. Tárcio Zemel says:

October 1, 2014

I caught a PHPStorm license after a EAP test period. In that time, In each build I just clicked and update instead manually download e install. Now it’s just the info about the new version and I have to do all this process…

There’s something to configure about this?

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

October 6, 2014

We don’t provide patch from stable to EAP version to avoid corrupting your existing installation. New EAP will be installed in a new folder and as a result you will have stable and EAP version at the same time. We will provide updates from EAP->EAP and from Stable->Stable.

5. Dragan says:

October 1, 2014

I know that is not the topic of this talk. But just to ask one more time when and if will be added support for autocomplete for CodeIgniter ? Thanks to much.

6. Alexandre Reis says:

October 2, 2014

I was anxiously waiting for blade support. Very thanks!

• Alexander Kim says:

October 8, 2014

Waiting for autocompletion feature for blade tags:

{!! $var !!}

7. Vaidas Zilionis says:

October 2, 2014

Waiting for codeception support 🙂

8. Stojan says:

October 6, 2014

I start using phpStorm….is great for me! But, I liked that he can open more project in same time and in same window, or search results for search in files, like Aptana Studio. I hope that we can expect soon 🙂

9. Maximiliano Carvalho says:

October 10, 2014

After the PhpStorm 8.0.2 the file search does’t work anymore, I can’t find my project file even when I typed the complete file name.