PhpStorm 9 Public Preview
Announcing a Public Preview of the upcoming major release of PhpStorm 9!
PhpStorm 9 Public Preview build 141.1534 is now available, bringing a lot of great features, major improvements and bug-fixes.
And if you are still on our stable PhpStorm 8 version, here is an overview of new features and improvements we are bringing in the upcoming PhpStorm 9 release, planned for July 2015 at the latest:
- PHP Language & Editing Experience: advanced code understanding (introduce parameter refactoring, advanced PHP type inference, support for persistent language injections, numerous new inspections and intentions), postfix code completion for PHP, partial PHP 7 support, other PHP-related enhancements.
- New Debugging Experience: inline debugger for PHP, debugging workflow enhancements (proper php.ini can be opened from settings, debugger config validation enhancements, import from Deployment action, PHP servers config shared on project level).
- Remote Development: remote edit, PHP Code Sniffer and Mess Detector via remote PHP interpreters.
- Improvements related to frameworks, tools, etc.
- Third-party plugins in PhpStorm plugin repository.
PhpStorm 9 also brings support for more top-notch web technologies:
- Application dependency diagrams
- V8 profiling for Node.js apps
- Simultaneous tag editing
From IntelliJ Platform this release borrows:
- Distraction free mode
- Diff viewer with oneside viewer mode
- Version control improvements
- Database tools update
- HiDPI support for Windows and Linux, updated look-and-feel of Editor tabs, and more
PhpStorm 9 refines your editing and debugging experience for a productivity boost, boasts advanced code understanding, and provides complete support for remote development.
Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PhpStorm 2023.2 Beta
In this build, we’ve added new inspections for PHP assertions and revised the integration with third-party quality tools.
PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #6
This build brings improvements for generating PHPDocs, support for Laravel Pint, a single point of access to all PHP framework plugins, and much more!
AI Features in PhpStorm: PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #5
The next EAP build for PhpStorm 2023.2 is now available, and it’s an exciting one! It is the first build to include features leveraging the enormous potential of generative AI and large language models (LLMs). Our Early Access Program (EAP) allows you to try new features from the upcoming PhpStor…
PhpStorm 2023.2 EAP #4
This build includes a bunch of usability improvements, such as abilities to pin Run configurations and sort files by modification time in the Project view. The EAP allows you to try new features from the upcoming PhpStorm version, 2023.2. EAP builds are free to use and you can install them side b…