Announcing a Public Preview of the upcoming major release of PhpStorm 9!
PhpStorm 9 Public Preview build 141.1534 is now available, bringing a lot of great features, major improvements and bug-fixes.
And if you are still on our stable PhpStorm 8 version, here is an overview of new features and improvements we are bringing in the upcoming PhpStorm 9 release, planned for July 2015 at the latest:
- PHP Language & Editing Experience: advanced code understanding (introduce parameter refactoring, advanced PHP type inference, support for persistent language injections, numerous new inspections and intentions), postfix code completion for PHP, partial PHP 7 support, other PHP-related enhancements.
- New Debugging Experience: inline debugger for PHP, debugging workflow enhancements (proper php.ini can be opened from settings, debugger config validation enhancements, import from Deployment action, PHP servers config shared on project level).
- Remote Development: remote edit, PHP Code Sniffer and Mess Detector via remote PHP interpreters.
- Improvements related to frameworks, tools, etc.
- Third-party plugins in PhpStorm plugin repository.
PhpStorm 9 also brings support for more top-notch web technologies:
- Application dependency diagrams
- V8 profiling for Node.js apps
- Simultaneous tag editing
From IntelliJ Platform this release borrows:
- Distraction free mode
- Diff viewer with oneside viewer mode
- Version control improvements
- Database tools update
- HiDPI support for Windows and Linux, updated look-and-feel of Editor tabs, and more
PhpStorm 9 refines your editing and debugging experience for a productivity boost, boasts advanced code understanding, and provides complete support for remote development.
Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team