PhpStorm 9.5 EAP 143.129

Posted on by Anna Lebedeva

PhpStorm 9.5 EAP 143.129 is available for download.

From the PHP side, this build delivers:

• PHP7: partial support of group use declarations;
  • Duplicates search on extract method;
  • and other bug fixes and improvements (see full list in our issue tracker).

Other changes from IntelliJ platform and web are also included, see complete release notes.

Download PhpStorm 9.5 EAP build 143.129 for your platform from project EAP page and please report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker. Patch update from the previous version (PhpStorm 9.5 EAP build 142.5282) is already available.

If you experience serious problem with this build, you can get the previous one (PhpStorm EAP build 142.5282) following one of those links: Windows, Mac OS X 10.10+ with bundled JDK, Mac OS X, Unix, ZIP.

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

35 Responses to PhpStorm 9.5 EAP 143.129

1. Pavel Kouřil says:

October 7, 2015

Are the changes from latest WebStorm EAP included in this as well, or the WS changes will be included after it is released?

• Anna Lebedeva says:

October 7, 2015

Hi Pavel, latest WebStorm EAP changes are included into current PhpStorm EAP

2. greg606 says:

October 7, 2015

For me it’s broken (PHP, twig), already sent you bugs.

3. Funivan says:

October 7, 2015

In place rename is awesome feature +1

4. Jexy Ru says:

October 7, 2015

I’d recommend not to update, this issue is a real pain https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-29172

• Mike says:

October 8, 2015

EAP 143.129 – no issues after invalidating cache.

• Jexy Ru says:

October 8, 2015

But it’s annoying to invalidate cache and restart almost every 5 minutes.
        You may not experience issues for a longer time or even at all – e.g. when you work with pure html or css files. But normal work with php files is impossible.

• Mike says:

You’re right. It worked exactly 10 minutes 🙁

• kaff says:

October 9, 2015

Is it possible to revert easily to the previous version ?

• Anna Lebedeva says:

October 9, 2015

You can use the following link to roll back to previous version of EAP: http://download.jetbrains.com/webide/PhpStorm-EAP-142.5282.zip

• David says:

October 11, 2015

So glad I saw this comment. I reverted to the other EAP and things are humming along nicely again. Thank you, Anna and Mikhail!

• Mikhail.Vink says:

October 10, 2015

We’ve added links to all previous EAP versions to this blog post.

• Jamie says:

October 8, 2015

Not only that, but after you hit 100 log messages things get really screwy. Lost a ton of work today because of it. It shows that the file is saved. After awhile it pops up a message to restart PHPStorm. Then when I reopen those files, nothing was saved.

Between this and the problems with Chrome Canary yesterday, I’m really re-thinking the whole early access stuff. I don’t mind trying things out and helping provide feedback, but there’s no an actual dollar cost adding up to this.

• Jexy Ru says:

October 8, 2015

Usually PHPStorm EAPs were more or less stable.

But 9.5 is really unfortunate – most of builds came with some broken major functionality, which previously was working fine.

• Mike says:

October 9, 2015

It is completely incomprehensible to me why such a bug has not been noticed.

5. John Doe says:

October 8, 2015

For several versions now if I hit Enter within a multi-line array the new line is indented one tab more compared to the previous line. Is there a new setting that governs this? It’s super annoying and no matter what setting I change I can’t get it to stop doing this.

• AwS says:

October 8, 2015

thought it was just me. also found the whole style=margin… thing annoying. (doesnt add the quotes) but luckily there’s an option to fix that. havent been able to fix the array tabbing tho 🙁

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

October 8, 2015

Is the issue reproducible for “Default” code style?

• AwS says:

October 8, 2015

not sure. got it setup as i like. judging by the others not saying anything im guessing its just me. so guess default style works fine

• Jeff Libman says:

January 14, 2016

Where did you find the option to fix the style=margin thing? this has been driving me nuts for a while now.

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

October 8, 2015

Is the issue reproducible for “Default” code style as well?

• John Doe says:

October 9, 2015

Yes it is. It’s also wrong when pasting. It inserts 2 tabs instead of 1 tab every time. Very frustrating.

6. Dmitriy Zavalkin says:

October 8, 2015

EAP 143.129 is completely unusable, autocomplete doesn’t work at all.

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

October 8, 2015

We know about broken completion inside foreach but don’t know yet about other cases. Could you please provide a code sample?

7. Carlton says:

October 8, 2015

Autocomplete doesn’t seem to work for me anymore outside of a PHP class

Trying to autocomplete something like…

some_class::

Shows “No suggestions”, whereas before it would show constants/static methods

It works fine in PHP classes though, just doesn’t work in my view file which is PHP

** EDIT **
    Autocomplete working in the view file but not in a foreach loop, e.g.

// Autocomplete works fine elsewhere in the file

echo db_Currency::

// Can’t find the db_Currency class or any static properties/functions, PHP tags are opened/closed on each line below but can’t save the exact code in this editor

foreach($data['things'] as $thing) :
         echo db
         echo db_Currency::
     endforeach

8. Bryan Green says:

October 8, 2015

Here’s the previous EAP. This is solid.

• Venimus says:

October 9, 2015

access denied 🙁

• Mikhail.Vink says:

October 10, 2015

We’ve added links to all previous EAP versions to this blog post.

• Mikhail.Vink says:

October 10, 2015

Added links to the blog post.

9. David says:

October 9, 2015

So many things are broken (autocomplete, override navigation arrows, gives false warnings about class not found in doc comments, won’t update static code analysis after I fix something so error still shows but if I cut and paste the line back in the error is gone, and much more).

10. Bill Schaller says:

October 9, 2015

Did you guys happen to test this release?

11. JR says:

October 9, 2015

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the bleeding edge updates have stopped working. I find myself trying the update, then reverting.

12. gregholland says:

October 9, 2015

I have an issue where if I have multiple PHP storm projects open, if I do a ‘Find in path’ search, when I click find, the current project moves behind another project and I need to manually go and find the project I was just in again.
    Edit: This is the issue: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-143163#tab=Linked%20Issues