PhpStorm 2016.1 is Released!

PhpStorm 2016.1, the next major release of our professional PHP IDE, is now available for download!

This is the first update in the series of releases planned for 2016, as indicated by the new version numbering. Along with new features, bugfixes and usability improvements, in this release we made a special focus on long-awaited improvements in support of PHP language, and development tools.

Read all about the new features and improvements on the PhpStorm website.

PhpStorm2016_1_splash

Here are some notable highlights of PhpStorm 2016.1:

PHP Language & Editing Experience: A number of serious and long-awaited improvements have been made in the PHP language support , such as improved type inference, completion, support of traits, and more. PhpStorm now also fully supports group use statements, offers the “Make Static” refactoring and provides some new handy intentions such as “Convert switch to if” and “Convert if to switch” or “Flip if/else branches”.

New Debugging Experience: We’ve made the Zero-Configuration Debugging mode easier to discover for new users. Also, now you can debug RESTful Web Services right from a REST Client using the “XDebug for REST Client” feature.

Frameworks and Tools: PhpStorm now provides the Keep-Alive feature for SFTP/FTP/FTPS servers and Remote Interpreters, which you have heavily demanded for the last six years! Project-level interpreters, support for of Rerun failed tests for PHPUnit/Behat, and some usability improvements for Remote Interpreters are also available.

Please see our issue tracker for the full list of PHP-related issues fixed and release notes.

As usual, this update brings important improvements for working with top-notch web technologies, such as:

• Improved Angular 2 support
  • Better TypeScript support
  • New features in the JavaScript debugger

PhpStorm 2016.1 also borrows many features and improvements from IntelliJ Platform, including:

• Right-to-left languages support
  • Speed search (in “”Show Usages” and “Terminal”)
  • JSON schema
  • Support for Docker Machine
  • Version Control and Database tools improvements

For more details please see What’s New in PhpStorm 2016.1 and download a free 30-day PhpStorm trial for your operating system.

PhpStorm 2016.1 is available as a free update for everyone who has a active subscription for PhpStorm or All Products!

The JetBrains Team
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to PhpStorm 2016.1 is Released!

1. Thanks for the hard work on PhpStorm guys! It’s incomparable!

2. Marc Luria says:

will there be a patch, or should we download the full 200 megabyte version?

3. Sébastien Caumes says:

Hey Guys, any issue with antialiasing ? My team and I are experiencing blury text in editor panel.

4. Telmo Calhaço (Zone Soft) says:

PhpStorm 2016 , don´t know the intval() ???? or any namespace ?, it was working on the 10.3

5. Jamie says:

Just a heads up for anyone that does a lot of Symfony (or Drupal 8) work. The YAML parser in the Symfony plugin has serious problems with this version. They have been working on it, but apparently it’s a huge undertaking to get this up to date with 2016.1. If you rely on this, you may want to hold off until that is ready. You can check it here:

6. PickyNose says:

Where are you going to recognize Yii2 as the most popular PHP framework and add native support for it?

7. Mike B says:

Unfortunately this update has made PHPStorm completely unusable for me, as it hangs anytime it needs to do anything, and is consuming more than double the standard alotted memory (it would always crash with memory issues, so I double the amount available to it on all 3 options), plus it takes up more than 100% of CPU indicated in the Mac Activity Monitor.

8. Iván Gábor says:

On Windows 10 the new PHPStorm forgets the project settings on each startup. I have to set every PHP stuffs again: Servers, Composer, Code Sniffer, PHP MD, PHPUnit…

The code is on an Ubuntu VirtualBox Guest, the working folder is on a mounted drive (Samba share)

9. Edward Honda says:

I had to revert back to 10.0.3, the lag in 2016.1 just moving around the editor was bad. Pauses just while typing and not even triggering intellisense. Went back to 10.x and everything is fine again.

10. fall says:

The update wants me to register my license once again, but I don’t remember on which email I have registered – how can I found out which email should I provide again?

11. Gioni says:

OMG! Worst software update I’ve ever seen. All my editor settings are ruined including Remote Hosts and Projects List! I need restore it manually now. That is insane!

12. Tom Etzel says:

Does anyone know if there will ever be a time where PHPStorm can update itself on Linux, similar to how it works on occasion on Windows and Mac? That would be kind of nice.

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

We already provide updates for EAP->EAP and Major->Minor as well as Minor->Minor updates. Unfortunately, we don’t provide updates for Major->Major versions yet.

• Tom Etzel says:

OK. There must have been a bunch of Major->Major updates recently then, because I constantly find myself needing to download the entire tar.gz, unpack it, and go through the process of setting up my launcher icon and blah blah. Thanks for the update.

13. Алексей Арх says:

Почему до сих пор нет поддержки русского языка?

14. Rutame says:

Hello! I would like to know how you make the beautiful nodes effects for PhpStorm 2016 logo. Thanks!