PhpStorm 2017.2.1 is here
PhpStorm 2017.2.1 build 172.3544.41 is now available! You can download it here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2017.2 or PhpStorm 2017.2.1 EAP build (172.3544.21), you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform. You can find more information in our previous EAP blog post, and here’s a list of the most notable improvements.
The most important changes from PHP side
- Support for PHP 7.2
- Blade: support for @guest and @endguest
- Inspection: Short open tag usage
- Navigation to an appropriate loop from break/continue
See more information in the previous EAP blog post.
Important bug fixes
- PHP Comments: Spellchecker doesn’t recognize words with an apostrophe in it: WI-11450
- Allow OS to resolve “composer” executable (global installation): WI-31229
- Printing Mechanism Prints the Theme’s Background Color: IDEA-90668
- Tabs limited to 2 when 1 is set: IDEA-173369
- Auto importing a flow type does not add “type” after “import”: WEB-24910
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Free and Discounted Licenses for PhpStorm: Who Is Eligible?
Explore PhpStorm's free and discounted licenses, tailored to meet PHP developers’ needs.
The Pest Plugin Is Now Maintained by JetBrains
You've probably heard about the Pest test framework developed by Nuno Maduro and the community. There is also a dedicated PhpStorm plugin for Pest, which until now has been brilliantly developed by Oliver Nybroe. In this post, we will talk about how JetBrains is going to maintain the plugin, and her…
PhpStorm Public Roadmap: What’s Coming in 2023.3
After recently releasing PhpStorm 2023.2, we’re now ready to share our plans for the next version of PhpStorm.
What’s Next in PhpStorm: The 2023.1 Public Roadmap
In the first release of 2023, we aim to improve performance and bring faster indexing, add 3v4l integration, improve support for generics, as well as PHPStan and Psalm tags, add support for multi-composer and multi-vendor projects, and more. Before the release of 2022.3, we published our first-ev…