What is the Early Access Program?
Early Access Program (EAP) allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added in the next release. It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be far below even usual beta standards. If you are looking for a stable version of PhpStorm, please visit our site.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and includes the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Editor-based REST client
PhpStorm 2017.3 has a new approach to working with API, by integrating REST client inside the text editor. REST API Design is an important part of web development, and we believe that new editor-based REST client will help to overcome many limitations of the existing REST Client, and will make testing and debugging your web services much easier. We will prepare a blog post soon with more detailed information about the feature. However, you are welcome to try it now! Read more about what is implemented in the following issue: WEB-28559.
New inspection: Unhandled Exception
In PhpStorm 2017.3 we’ve added a new inspection Unhandled Exception, which can be found under Settings | Editor | Inspections | PHP | Probable bugs | Unhandled exception. It reports exceptions which are neither enclosed in a try-catch block nor documented using the @throws tag. The inspection helps you find all the places where exceptions could be thrown what would, in turn, lead to Fatal Error. There is a quick fix: “Add @throws tag” and in the next EAP we’re planning to release “Surround with try/catch” quick fix.
New inspection: Undefined PHPUnit data provider
PhpStorm 2017.3 brings another inspection Undefined PHPUnit data provider, which can be found under Settings | Editor | Inspections | PHP | Undefined | Undefined PHPUnit data provider. It indicates when the @dataProvider method in unit tests is not found. A missing method can then be easily created by the suggested quick fix.
Rerun of specific PHPUnit dataset
In PhpStorm 2017.3 you can rerun a specific PHPUnit data set. If you have a test method that uses data provider and only one of data sets fail you don’t have to re-run the whole test anymore, just choose the specific data set from a previous test run and Run/Debug it again.
Other features worth noting:
- New visibility option for Initialize Field quick fix (WI-34474): This option can be found in File | Settings | Editor | Code Style | PHP | Other | Fields Default Visibility
- Create PHPSpec test (WI-34860)
- Docker: support alternate names for compose yml (IDEA-154517)
Apart from new features, this build brings many important bug fixes and usability improvements, including these:
- PHP: No autocompletion of phpDoc tags in some cases (WI-1583)
- PHP: Typehinting in PhpDoc for methods not suggesting classes (WI-27960)
- Allow saving in UTF-8 with/without BOM (IDEA-63850)
- Diff: Files with different line separators are shown as different, but are actually the same (IDEA-101502)
- Diff: Create patch dialog looses focus after jumping to the next file with F7 (IDEA-168653)
- Git: File History and Annotate should show author date, not committer date (IDEA-85484)
- Coffee Script: Problem with quotes behavior and ‘insert pair quotes’ setting (WEB-14460)
Download PhpStorm 2017.3 EAP build 173.2099.16 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop