PhpStorm 2017.3.4 is released

PhpStorm 2017.3.4 build 173.4548.32 is now available! You can download it here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2017.3.3, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.

This build delivers bug fixes and improvements for IntelliJ Platform.

Notable bug fixes and features worth mentioning:

• Fixed: Allow UI scale exceed 2x IDEA-171404
  • Fixed: Multiple “Updating indices” bg tasks after external file system changes IDEA-123287
  • Fixed: Evaluate window: cannot TAB from expression into results tree IDEA-158873

See the full list of bug-fixes and improvements list in the complete release notes.

Download PhpStorm 2017.3.4 build 173.4548.32 for your platform or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Newsletter, Release Announcements and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to PhpStorm 2017.3.4 is released

1. David Gurba says:

Thanks for the prompt updates jetbrains team!

2. James Wagoner says:

So when can we do these patch level updates in the app? I find my self skipping most of these cause it’s quite a pain to download a whole new install file just for a few fixes.

• Artem Khvastunov says:

The thing is if you don’t skip updates you get patches as we usually prepare them only between sequential builds. Or you can use Toolbox App which is able to apply patches one by one.

• Yohm says:

In my case I didn’t skip any update/patch, but I still can’t update from the app (just a “Blog / Download” button to this page) and the Toolbox App gives me a “No updates available”… More than having to download a full install again, having to do it manually is the real pain…

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

Are you running 2017.3.3 now and there’s only Blog/Download option and Toolbox shows “No updates”?
          Would be great if you could restart Toolbox app and check again – updates should be available everywhere now.

• Gerardo Pose says:

I have the same problem. I’m running 2017.3, didn’t skip any updates and only have the blog / download button. How do you restart de toolbox app?

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

Are you running 2017.3.3?

You can always right click the Toolbox app and exit it, then just start it again (depends on your OS).

3. Yohm says:

Is there no way to update automatically from the app? On the Mac OS prompt I only have the “Blog / Download” button that opens a browser to this page, and the toolbox app tells me there’s “No update available”… (I don’t think I skipped any update/patch)

4. Tim Hawkins says:

Is it possible to add something to the toolbox app that allows you to get the changelog on a new update, they are a PITA to find on the site.

5. Vivek Sandran says:

I am getting Blog/Download button, when i click it its redirect to this url, i couldnt download the patch from inside app, i installed toolbox after i installed phpstorm so it says to re install the software, someone fix it…… only choice i have is to reinstall the phpstorm, this is not a proper solution for just installing a patch update for software…

6. Is Toolbox app available to regular users or is it a licensed product? If I follow the Toolbox link above, I get promo about an “All Products Pack” and link to store (at which point the Toolbox trail goes cold). Can we download and use Toolbox without purchasing All Products Pack, or are they the same thing?

7. Boris Betzholz says:

unter high sierra i got performance issue, the autocompletion is not working properly…

8. I have education license I can’t download Jetbrains Toolbox app. How can I auto-update software?

9. Steen Rabol says:

Why can the app not update itself… come on guys, it is 2018, not 1970!

10. BenBachrach says:

I get notices in phpStorm that there is an update. But when I follow the link, I get a page that says: PhpStorm 2017.3.4 build 173.4548.32 is now available! You can download it here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2017.3.3, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update. I used to get notifications of patch updates, but this past year, I don’t recall ever getting a patch notification. A few times I have downloaded the new release, but then I never seem to get any patch notifications. My install says I now have 2017.3.2 – so I must have missed a notice. But I never saw a patch notice for 2017.3.3. Was a patch notice sent for 2017.3.3? Am I right, that to get current, I need to download the full version?