It’s a start of Early Access Program for PhpStorm 2018.1.2, a second minor update for the recently released PhpStorm 2018.1. A fresh build 181.4668.24 is available here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or, if you have installed PhpStorm 2018.1.1 and have “Early Access Program” channel in Settings->System Settings->Updates, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Syntax Highlighting in Quick Definition
Using the Quick Definition popup became more convenient: with added syntax highlighting, you can now read what exactly a function or a class is doing, without losing your current context.
Flexible configuration of imports from the global namespace
In the previous versions of PhpStorm, you could choose to either import everything (functions, classes, constants) from the global namespace or use FQN for functions and constants. We’ve listened to your feedback and realized that more flexibility is sometimes required. In PhpStorm 2018.1.2, you can control auto-import separately for classes, functions, and constants.
For classes, you can choose between “insert FQN” and “prefer import” (PhpStorm will insert import if this doesn’t result in a conflict). For functions and constants, the options are “insert FQN”, “prefer import”, and “prefer fallback” (you can refer to the PHP documentation for its exact meaning).
Notable bug fixes and features worth mentioning:
- Command Line Tools Console – Cursor Not In Run Box WI-39796
- Incorrect variable name during phpDoc generation for field in case inferred type in constructor $this WI-40887
- Provide the ability to disable tooltips in editor without disabling inspections IDEA-114803
- Subversion File History not working for links with spaces IDEA-185360
- Typescript readonly type inference from const WEB-32055
- Add option to omit JsDoc types for TypeScript code WEB-28964
Download PhpStorm 2018.1.2 EAP build 181.4668.24 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop