PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP 182.3569.36
The new PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP build (182.3569.36) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP build (182.3458.35) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes, and improvements for PHP and the Web, and includes the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Customizable value for $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’]
In the previous PhpStorm versions $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] always pointed to the project root and in many cases, it didn’t reflect the actual project structure. This caused broken path completion for includes as well as false positive warnings. PhpStorm 2018.2 solves the problem allowing you to set this variable to any folder in Settings/Preferences|Languages & Frameworks|PHP|Analysis tab.
Automatic CodeSniffer code standard setup
We continue improving automatic project configuration based on the composer.json file. In the earlier PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP build, we’ve added automatic configuration of CodeSniffer. We went a step further and now we analyze scripts section of the composer.json and enable PHPCS inspection with the standard used in this section.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes, and improvements for PHP and the Web, and includes the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform:
- Full Docker output is shown with remote interpreter WI-41462
- False-positive “Unused private field/constant” for a private method that is used in a trait WI-31329
- $this is not accessible in static context inside anonymous functions WI-38366
- Regression – “Undefined class object” in method docblock in namespaced class with lang level 7.2 WI-41977
- Missing ‘Expand All/Collapse All’ icons in VCS Local changes IDEA-192073
- fish plugin functions do not work on macOS in built-in terminal IDEA-173259
- Docker – add –rm option IDEA-150690
- Css Custom Properties will be in error if you are in both the transform and calc WEB-20810
- Live Edit: ‘restart if hotswap fails’ doesn’t work with Node.js 8+ WEB-29792
- Can’t auto import React HOCs WEB-31654
Use the board here to view the up-to-date list of the features planned for 2018.2 release, as well as discovered bugs. The list only reflects our current plan and is not final. It may be revised during development since new issues may appear and existing may be re-planned to appear in later versions. Please share your opinions on what is important to you and what would you like to see in the new version!
Download PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP 182.3569.36 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App. And please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop