PhpStorm 2018.2 Public Preview
Today we released PhpStorm 2018.2 Public Preview, the next major update for PhpStorm!
You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Try its new features, bug fixes, and other important improvements. As usual, we’re eager to hear your feedback in the comments to this post or in our public issue tracker.
Our website has all the details of this release, and here’s a roundup of the notable highlights.
- Custom postfix completion templates
- FQCN completion
- Structural Search and Replace for PHP
- Improved SQL Injections
- The new presentation for Quick Documentation
- Jumping outside closing bracket/quote with Tab
- New Inspections and Quick Fixes
- Move Instance Method Refactoring
- New Add @method tag quick fix for Undefined method
- Add method quick fix now inserts parameter type hints
- Simple CodeSniffer/MessDetector setup
- PHPUnit composite configuration
- Support for environment variables in the request body
- Support for POST request body formatting
watchers, rerunning failed tests, and much more.
IntelliJ Platform has provided this release with lots of new features as well as bug-fixes. Specifically, updated UI with brand new icons, dark title bars on macOS, and TouchBar support for MacBooks, as well as improved VCS support with new ways to resolve merge conflicts, enhancements in VCS Log, support for multiple GitHub accounts, and even more.
Database tools have been improved with the new SQL formatter, source code migration, query plan diagram, custom data sources and more.
Please look at the overview of all PhpStorm 2018.2 features and download the build from the PhpStorm website. A patch update is already available from the previous EAP build (PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP 182.3684.37).
If you have any feedback to share with us, please leave your comments to this blog post or in our public issue tracker. Stay tuned as the PhpStorm 2018.2 release is just around the corner!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop