PhpStorm 2018.2.1 build 182.3911.43 is now available! You can download it here or in JetBrains Toolbox App. If you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2018.2 or PhpStorm 2018.2.1 EAP build (182.3911.19), please invoke the Check for updates action to receive the latest update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
New option to disable requirement of PHP bundled extensions in composer.json
New option to disable requirement of bundled PHP extensions in composer.json
PhpStorm 2018.2 introduced a new inspection that helps you to maintain the list of extensions used in a project in composer.json’s require section (e.g., ext-mbstring). If you’ve used a class or function from an unlisted PHP extension, you got the corresponding warning.
Since there are different opinions on whether to report missing bundled extensions or not, PhpStorm now provides you with full control. The behavior is regulated by Settings | Editor | Inspections | PHP | Composer | Extension is missing in composer.json | Require PHP bundled extensions checkbox.
Notable bug fixes and features worth mentioning:
- Autocompletion became very slow in 2018.2 (FQCN completion) WI-42350
- Docker-compose PHPUnit with coverage fails WI-42544
- IAE in EffectPainter2D IDEA-195614
- No easy way to delete a run configuration IDEA-193775
- Auto-imports should prefer symlinked file from node_modules to actual file in monorepo projects WEB-30212
- [TypeScript] RxJS lettable operator – type inference support WEB-32336
- Web Browsers: support Microsoft Edge browser WEB-19564
- closure library – code completion for ‘goog.provide’ symbols inside ‘goog.module’ is not working WEB-28405
- EJS indent options for control block content WEB-15657
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop