PhpStorm 2020.3.1 is Available with Support for Apple Silicon
The first bug-fix update for PhpStorm 2020.3 is now available!
Today we are also releasing PhpStorm for Macs with the new Apple M1 chip. PhpStorm now runs natively on Apple Silicon.
To use it, you need to download a separate installer for PhpStorm for Apple Silicon on our website or in the Toolbox App (under the Apple M1 section). Please note that the previously installed PhpStorm version running via Rosetta 2 will not update itself to a native build – you have to install a new native version.
Other notable changes
- Support for @phpstan- prefixed PHPDoc tags (WI-56572 +7)
- Fixed: PhpStorm fails to find files, methods, variables (broken index after opening multiple projects) (WI-57047 +81)
- Fixed: Sending detach to Xdebug older than 2.9.4 turns debugging off in php-fpm, the server has to be restarted to get it back on (WI-56500 +26)
- Fixed: PhpStorm doesn’t send any command to older Xdebug versions (2.2.5, 2.3.2) (WI-57282 +24)
- Fixed: Tabs created by Remote Host Browser are being pinned affecting the tabs order (WI-55870 +10)
- Fixed: Cannot parse PHPUnit version because of Xdebug warning output (WI-56947 +9)
- Vue: support Vue.extend() construction (WEB-31721 +26)
- Nuxt.js: support component auto-import with @nuxt/components (WEB-46418 +12)
- Cucumber.js: support for versions 6.0.0+ (WEB-42292 +17)
- Fixed: Cucumber.js 5 step definitions can’t be matched when using custom parameter types (WEB-39983 +57)
- Fixed: Pull Requests comments are duplicated in all files (IDEA-244965 +24)
- Fixed: Compound Run Configuration .run.xml files are duplicated many times when stored as project file (IDEA-255767 +15)
- Fixed: Tool windows in “Empty state” are not closed with shortcut (IDEA-252395 +12)
- Fixed: ESLint report file paths are not clickable (WEB-38060 +10)
The full list of changes is available in the release notes.
And as always, please feel free to report any issues you encounter to our tracker or here in the comments.
See you in 2021! Stay safe, healthy, and productive!
Your JetBrains PhpStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PhpStorm 2023.3 Is Now Available
Explore the new features in PhpStorm 2023.3: support for PHP 8.3, the Pest test framework, improvements for Symfony projects and AI Assistant.
PhpStorm Now Supports PHP 8.3
PhpStorm now provides full support for PHP 8.3 feature: the new `#[Override]` attribute and `json_validate()` function, and more!