PhpStorm 2022.1 EAP #4
The fourth build of our Early Access Program for PhpStorm 2022.1 is now available!
In this blog post, we’ll take a quick look at the enhanced New Project wizard, support for WebDAV deployment, some additional capabilities for Rsync, and a couple of new inspections.
New Composer Project wizard
We are enhancing the New Project wizard: now, when creating a new empty project, you can choose to automatically generate a
composer.json file for it and provide the desired dependencies.
After the project is created, PhpStorm will prompt you to install them.
In this release, we are introducing support for using WebDAV servers for deployment. To configure a new server, go to Preferences | Build, Execution, Deployment | Deployment, add a new server of the WebDAV type, and provide the connection parameters:
Overriding Rsync command-line parameters
In PhpStorm 2021.3, we’ve introduced Rsync for SFTP support to provide significantly faster deployments. The Rsync tool was executed with the
-zar command-line options, so that it would compress the transferred data (
z), preserve permissions, ownership, and timestamps of transferred files and folders (
a), and recurse into subdirectories (
In this release, the set of options can be customized: go to Settings / Preferences | Tools | Rsync and provide the required set of options:
We’ve added a couple of new inspections aimed to simplify working with regular expressions.
This new inspection will report the modifiers that are used in regular expression patterns but do not affect the match:
/i(case insensitivity) in patterns that contain no letters
/D(PCRE_DOLLAR_ENDONLY) in patterns that contain no dollar sign, or containing the
/s(dot matches line breaks) in patterns that contain no dots
PhpStorm provides the
Alt+Enter quick-fix letting you quickly remove these modifiers.
This inspection will report the usages of the
/e modifier, which is deprecated in PHP 7.0 and later.
Other notable changes
- Edit template for javadoc stub [IDEA-97658]
- Support Corepack installation for yarn/pnpm [WEB-52682]
- Support for suggested changes in GitHub PR comments [IDEA-241973]
- Throwable at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.ToolWindowManagerImpl.notifyByBalloon [IDEA-288366]
- Allow to define specific external diff tool depending on mime type [IDEA-69499]
- Windows 11 ‘Snap Layout’ does not appear when hovering over maximize button. [IDEA-276887]
- Should be called at least in the state COMPONENTS_LOADED, the current state is: CONFIGURATION_STORE_INITIALIZED Current violators count: 1 [IDEA-289180]
- Webpack assistance doesn’t work with ESM [WEB-31023]
The full list of changes, including bug fixes and improvements, is available in the release notes.
Join the Early Access Program
EAP is a great opportunity to provide feedback on the upcoming features and help us shape the future of the IDE.
- PhpStorm EAP builds are not fully tested and may be unstable.
- You can install an EAP build side by side with a stable PhpStorm version to try out the latest features.
- EAP builds are free to use but expire 30 days after the build date.
Please report any issues you come across to our issue tracker, or mention them in the comment section of this post.
Tweet at us @phpstorm!
Your JetBrains PhpStorm team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
PhpStorm 2024.1 Early Access Program Is Now Open
This EAP build brings support for PHPUnit 11, improvements for the Pest test framework, and more.
PhpStorm 2023.3 RC
PhpStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate bundles the Pest plugin into PhpStorm, so you'll now be able to enjoy it out of the box.
PhpStorm 2023.3 Beta 2
In this build, we’ve added new inspections for PHP assertions and revised the integration with third-party quality tools.