Tips for writing a guest post
As a part of the JetBrains Marketplace co-marketing program for plugin vendors, you can contribute to our blog with a guest post or take part in an interview. Contributing to our blog is a way to reach out to potential users of your plugin, drive awareness, and bolster your reputation. In addition, this is a chance to improve your SEO by getting a high-quality backlink.
If you have your own blog, you are welcome to share articles about your experience of developing plugins and using JetBrains Marketplace. JetBrains may decide to share your blog posts via social media.
What kind of content do we accept?
We encourage expert and inspiring content that will be useful for our readers and the JetBrains audience as a whole. Whether it’s content about your plugin development experience or advice for end-users on your area of expertise, it should include some actionable takeaways, be informative, and be interesting to read. Tell readers what they need to know, not just what you want to say. You can read more details about guest posts topics and requirements in the Marketplace Documentation.
Blog post checklist
While preparing your blog post draft, check that the content adheres to the best practices provided in this checklist:
- Organize your article around one topic, don’t try to accommodate all possible aspects under one article.
- Make the title and annotation catchy. In the annotation, state the problem you are solving.
- Group related ideas together and use descriptive headers and subheaders.
- Make your stories use case-driven, not feature-driven.
- Remember that you’re the expert, and readers may not have the same level of experience, so try to cover the questions a reader may have.
- Write like a human and communicate in a friendly and helpful way. Don’t be overly formal.
- Keep your ideas short and clear – avoid vague language.
- Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
- Use plain language, active voice, and positive language – avoid abbreviations.
- Make inline links descriptive – avoid saying “click here” or “learn more”.
Start contributing to our blog
If you have an idea of a blog post that will be helpful and informative for plugin developers and users, we will be more than happy to work with you to get it published. Learn more about the process of submitting a guest post in the Marketplace documentation. We look forward to receiving your submissions.
The JetBrains Marketplace team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Plugin Developers Day 2024: Your Opportunity to Be Featured in Staff Picks
The end of January marks a significant celebration for us – Plugin Developers Day!Inspired by WordPress declaring January 28 as Thank a Plugin Developer Day, we initiated our own celebration to express gratitude to all those who develop plugins for JetBrains products. Thank you for enhancing the fun…
JetBrains Marketplace Highlights of 2023: Major Updates & Community News
Discover a brief overview of JetBrains Marketplace major updates throughout the past year in this blogpost.
Busy Plugin Developers Newsletter – Fall 2023
Read this blog post to discover what has come to JetBrains Marketplace this Fall!
Webinar Recording: Uploading a Plugin to JetBrains Marketplace
The recording of the latest episode of the Busy Plugin Developers webinar is now available on JetBrains TV. In this webinar, Natalia Melnikova from the JetBrains Marketplace team provided valuable insights into the plugin upload process. As a seasoned member of the team, she shed some light on th…