PyCharm 2.0 beta 2
We’re happy to announce the update for the Beta release of PyCharm 2.0. Although we aren’t working on any big new stuff anymore, we have still found many possibilities to improve the compatibility of PyCharm with different environments and its convenience in day-to-day use:
- Multiprocess debugging can now be enabled for any Python run configuration, not only for Django server (allowing to debug applications using Web frameworks like Flask, as well as many others);
- Added possibility to configure highlighting for function parameters, as well as a separate option for highlighting the ‘self’ parameter;
- Added keyboard shortcuts to jump to the beginning and end of an indented code block (Ctrl-[ and Ctrl-] in the default keymap);
- Move refactoring now works on Python packages correctly, updating the import statements referencing the package that has been moved;
- Project creation now works correctly with the development version of Django 1.4;
- Initial Python interpreter configuration on Mac OS X is now much faster thanks to the usage of pregenerated skeletons;
- PyCharm now recognizes the hashbang line in files with no extension and treats them as Python scripts if appropriate.
You can read the complete release notes or download PyCharm 2.0 Beta 2 from the EAP page. We’re very eager to hear your feedback and to resolve as many of the remaining issues as possible before the final 2.0 release.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!