PyCharm 2.1 Early Access Preview: Package and environment management
We’re happy to announce the availability of the first Early Access Preview build for PyCharm 2.1. As was previously announced, the big theme of this release is “Package and environment management”, and a lot of functionality that we planned to implement for this theme is already done.
The main new features of PyCharm 2.1 include:
- Remote interpreters – full integration with Python interpreters running on remote hosts;
- Possibility to browse and install packages from PyPI;
- Better virtualenv integration, including the possibility to create virtualenvs;
- UI for creating setup.py files and running setup.py tasks;
- Packaging-aware inspections and quickfixes, such as this quickfix on unresolved imports that automatically installs the package you’re trying to import.
PyCharm 2.1 also includes all of the changes in the IntelliJ Platform version 11.1, such as Subversion 1.7 support and a new round of work on UI cleanup. The final release is planned for late March or early April.
Download the Early Access Preview build today and tell us what you think!