PyCharm Support: For any problem you may have, we’ll find a solution

All JetBrains products are known for their free, quality technical support. We at PyCharm are here to help you with any problem you may come across while using the IDE. Whenever you have a question, doubt, bug or technical issue, rest assured we’re eager to help!

Let me just give you some pointers on how it’s best to contact us to get your problems solved as quickly and easily as possible.

In short, here are the channels you’re welcome to use to get support:
bug tracker, blog, Twitter, forum, Facebook, sales support, and of course technical support.

That said, some issues may be more quickly and easily solved on your own. If you have a question about product usage or a specific feature, first please consult this webpage which lists many useful links: PyCharm tutorials, keymap references and PyCharm online help, as well as demo videos, webinars and screencasts from our YouTube channel. In addition, this blog also has a lot of feature highlights. Do also check our community forum to see if someone has already answered your question.

If no answer is in sight after this, use one of these two powerful tools:

1. PyCharm’s public bug tracker. No matter which PyCharm edition you’re using, feel free to report a bug if you experience any technical problems. You can also look through issues others have reported, vote for them, and request new features. Whenever your issue is updated, you will received a notification:

youtrack

Our developer team does use this tracker internally: we go through, prioritize and resolve dozens of issues every day.

2. PyCharm Technical Support. When bugs are not the issue, but you need help with setup, customization or some general questions, you’re welcome to submit a technical support request. Go to https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/home/ and switch to the “SUBMIT A REQUEST” tab. Here, please provide your email address, specify the product you’re using, and describe your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

support1

Our support team will respond to your request by email as quickly as humanly possible.

To track your request history, use the “CHECK YOUR EXISTING REQUEST” tab.

Just a couple of hints to speed up the process and avoid any delays in getting help:

• Make sure you provide all the information required in the form. We especially need the details of your installation, including the operating system, PyCharm version and the build number.
  • It’s always good to attach screenshots, screencasts, specific projects or files, so we can gain deeper insight into the problem you’re having.
  • In most cases, the support team will ask for your PyCharm log files. For instructions on how to get them, click here.
  • For troubleshooting performance issues like hanging or frozen UI, we have special instructions.

Additional instructions, known issues and FAQs can be found on the JetBrains Support homepage.

While it’s possible to submit anonymous requests, we recommend that you register for a JetBrains Account and use to log in to various JetBrains services (including Support). A JetBrains Account is a useful tool for managing your interactions with us, as well as your licenses, orders and other things. To open your JetBrains Account, simply log in on the support page or go directly to JetBrains Account page.

An alternative way to reach us is by writing an email directly to the PyCharm Support team. To receive speedy help, please make sure to provide the same details as in the online form described above.

That’s about it. Of course, we’re always listening to your questions, thoughts and any other feedback on our social media, including PyCharm Twitter, Facebook, forum, and this blog. Even our online help supports comments.

Whatever problems you may encounter, we’ll solve them together!

Develop with Pleasure!

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Cool Feature, Tutorial. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to PyCharm Support: For any problem you may have, we’ll find a solution

1. Bence Nagy says:

Sigh. Pretty much the sole reason our company bought PyCharm licenses was to use the remote debugger with Vagrant, but this feature has been outright broken since 4.0 and the bug reports about this have seen no activity for months (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-15089, https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-15408), even after we asked support to have someone revise the priority of these issues.

Can’t help but be a tiny bit skeptical about everything in this blog post.

2. Kevin Turner says:

I’ve had good interactions with the bug tracker. It’s hard to get to everything, but things that are outright bugs are often fixed in the next release, which has been great.

The forum, on the other hand, seems neglected. Many posts don’t have answers. Some don’t even have views. I’ve been discouraged by that.

3. Gaëtan de Menten says:

I have mixed feelings with this blog post. On one hand, JetBrains delivers an amazing product, part of which for free. On the other hand, out of the many bugs I have filed, a select few have been fixed very quickly, but the vast majority have been quickly triaged and then apparently forgotten (FWIW, PY-12206 PY-12408 and PY-12205 are the ones irritating me the most), which makes me hesitant to report other issues.

The issues I refer to are quite minor: you can quickly fix up what PyCharm did wrong, but since they happen all the time, it is both irritating and time wasting (it quickly adds up). To be honest, those issues have very few votes from other users. I have wondered why, and I suppose part of the reason is that it is so quick to fix what PyCharm did wrong, that those that do get into the issue do not bother going to the bug tracker. If only these parts of PyCharm were coded in Python, I would have already (tried to) fix(ed) those myself…

4. Ron Dunn says:

Dmitry, I like your enthusiasm, but there is not much point using your forum when the rate of reply / resolution is so small. How about giving some attention to this channel?

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Indeed the forum sometimes seems abandoned. Currently we’re trying to re-arrange our channels and the way we communicate with users including forum.

5. Rakesh says:

I wanted to solve an equation. How can I do that

6. Mojtaba Yazdani says:

I have a problem with Gurobi.
    Everything works well in terminal when I execute “python ” but it pycharm I get this error:

/usr/bin/python /home/amir/PycharmProjects/test2/test2.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/amir/PycharmProjects/test2/test2.py”, line 97, in
    from gurobipy import *
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gurobipy/__init__.py”, line 1, in
    from .gurobipy import *
    ImportError: libgurobi70.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked all the python interpreter and settings in pycharm and everything is the same.

But there is an interesting issue!
    when I run pycharm software from terminal by just typing “charm” and then load the file, everything works perfectly!

but when you just click on the pycharm icon, I get the same error again.

Please help :-)

7. bhabuk pokharel says:

In my laptop when i install pyCharm there is problem in python interpreter . pycharm said there is no python interpreter selected . how to fix it
    please help

• Ernst Haagsman says:

You can select an interpreter in the project settings: File | Settings | Project Settings | Project Interpreter. If you don’t have a version of Python installed yet, you should grab it from https://python.org.

8. Wencheng Wang says:

Hello,
    I have a question about the packages of project interpreter installed on Pycharm. I installed a package ‘deribit-api’ on project interpreter on Pycharm and I want to change its code in source file. When I try to get access to its source file, Pycharm asks me if I will change the source code anyway, I choose no. So I lost the chance to change the source file code later but it only asks once about I will change the source code. I have no chance to change it again. How can I make this source file editable? Thanks

9. Benedetta says:

I have problem with import in Pycharm
    I have installed Anaconda3 with Python 3.7 and succsessfully installed torch.

I create a new project setting Anaconda3 as interpreter

when I run the code file:

“import torch” I get this error
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:/Users/bened/PycharmProjects/untitled4/main.py”, line 1, in
    import torch
    File “C:\Users\bened\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\torch\__init__.py”, line 80, in
    from torch._C import *
    ImportError: DLL load failed: Impossible to find the specified module.

How can I fix it?

10. RAJEEV BHATNAGAR says:

How to setup https proxy in pycharm and webstorm. Please help