Hurray, we’ve just released PyCharm 5, the new major version of our intelligent IDE for Python, web and scientific development! It is one of the updates of our desktop products that comprise the brand new JetBrains Toolbox.
Download PyCharm 5 for your platform today!
PyCharm 5 is available as a full-fledged Professional Edition for Python and Web development, or as a free and open-source Community Edition for pure Python and scientific development.
PyCharm 5 brings an outstanding lineup of new features, including full Python 3.5 support, Docker integration, Thread Concurrency Visualization, code insight for Django ORM methods, Conda integration, and IPython Notebook v4 support, just to name a few.
The highlights of this version include:
- Full Python 3.5 support
- Docker integration
- Thread Concurrency Visualization
- Better code insight for Django ORM methods
- Google and NumPy Style Python docstrings
- Conda integration
- App Config Tool for Google App Engine projects
- And more
- Brand-new indication for running configurations
- Find in Path with instant preview
- New UI for testing and tests history
- Updated database tools
- Editing code in diff viewer
- Branch operations from VCS Log Viewer and the new “Rebase” action for git
PyCharm 5 Professional Edition also brings a lot of web development enhancements including:
- Improved ReactJS support
- TypeScript 1.6 support
- Support for AngularJS 2.0
- Better support for Meteor
- Dart support enhancements
- And much more
Please see What’s New in PyCharm 5 for more details, or watch this short What’s New in PyCharm 5 video:
Download PyCharm 5 for your platform here!
PyCharm 5 Professional Edition is a free update for you if purchased your license after November 2, 2014. As usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try PyCharm Professional Edition as your new Python IDE.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PyCharm Team