Today we bring you PyCharm 2016.2, now available for download. This is the second update in the series of releases planned for 2016. Its outstanding new features for professional Python, Web and scientific development work together smoothly to offer you a unique coding experience.
As usual, PyCharm 2016.2 is available as a full-featured Professional Edition for Python and Web development, or as a free and open-source Community Edition for pure Python and scientific development.
Here are some notable highlights of this release.
- vmprof Profiler Support
- Pandas dataframes viewer
- Thread suspend option
- Function return values in the debugger
- Improvements for package installation from requirements.txt
- Configuration for optimize imports
- Enhanced postfix code completion
- Lettuce scenario outlines
- Support for ligatures
- Improved inspection tool
- Custom background image for the editor
- Regex support improvement
- Handling of unversioned files
- Improvements in working with patches
- Enhanced VCS Log Viewer
- Database tool improvements
- And even more
For more details please watch this short What’s New in PyCharm 2016.2 video:
Read more about what’s new in PyCharm 2016.2 on the product website and download the IDE for your platform.
Your JetBrains Team
The Drive to Develop