PyCharm 2017.1 Out Now: Faster debugger, new test runners, and more
- The Python debugger got forty times faster for Python 3.6 projects, and up to two times faster for older versions of Python
- We’ve added support for the six compatibility library
- Unit test runners for Python have been rebuilt from the ground up: you can now run any test configuration with PyCharm
- Zero-latency typing is now on by default: typing latencies for PyCharm 2017.1 are lower than those for Sublime Text and Emacs
- Support for native Docker for Mac – no more need to use SOCAT! (only available in PyCharm Professional edition)
- And more!
-The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Build Django Apps on Google Cloud With PyCharm and Cloud Code
Learn how to build and run your applications both in a local Kubernetes cluster (Docker Desktop or Minikube) and remotely in Google Kubernetes Engine using Cloud Code and PyCharm.
Meet the PyCharm team at EuroPython!
Meet the PyCharm team at Europython 2023! Join a talk by Paul Everitt, Q&A for data science newbies by Jodie Burchell, experts from Anaconda, Hugging face and come by the JetBrains booth to see what's new in PyCharm!
Buy PyCharm. Support Django.
This July, we’re offering new users a 30% discount for PyCharm Professional annual subscriptions. We’ll also donate all of the proceeds from this campaign to the Django Software Foundation.