PyCharm 2017.3 RC
PyCharm 2017.3’s EAP phase has come to an end, and we’re happy to announce the Release Candidate for PyCharm 2017.3
Improvements in This Version
- Django project creation will no longer lead to a NullPointerException (Django support is only available in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- A debugger issue with having
-mas a script parameter was fixed
- SFTP deployment with an SSH config has been fixed (Remote features are only available in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- HiDPI on Windows had issues during the EAP, and is now fixed
- And more, have a look at the release notes for details
If these features sound interesting to you, try them yourself:
If you are using a recent version of Ubuntu (16.04 and later) you can also install PyCharm EAP versions using snap:
sudo snap install [pycharm-professional | pycharm-community] --classic --candidate
If you already used snap for the previous version, you can update using:
sudo snap refresh [pycharm-professional | pycharm-community] --classic --candidate
The Release Candidate is not an EAP build. You will need a license for PyCharm 2017.3 RC Professional Edition, if you don’t have one you will get a 30-day trial when you start it.
If you run into any issues with this version, or another version of PyCharm, please let us know on our YouTrack. If you have other suggestions or remarks, you can reach us on Twitter, or by commenting on the blog.