PyCharm 2017.3.3 Out Now

Posted on by Ernst Haagsman

Today we’ve published PyCharm 2017.3.3 which has a number of important fixes specific to PyCharm as well as numerous platform fixes. Get this new version now from our website!

Some of the fixes in this build:

• Fixes for false positives in SQLAlchemy support
  • A fix for Python Console not showing a prompt after calling input()
  • A fix for freezes on closing the IDE while connecting to an SSH host
  • Various fixes for javascript and database support
  • And more, see the release notes for details

Get the new version now from our website. You can also update PyCharm from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), or by using the JetBrains Toolbox App. If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, and using snap to install PyCharm, your PyCharm should automatically be updated. If you haven’t installed PyCharm using snap yet, you can do so with the following command:

sudo snap install [pycharm-professional|pycharm-community] --classic

Comments below can no longer be edited.

7 Responses to PyCharm 2017.3.3 Out Now

1. S P Stromberg says:

January 19, 2018

I upgraded this morning (Windows 10) and it went into a continuous loop of indexing. Restart didn’t fix it but Invalidate Caches and Restart did.

• A Cohen says:

February 28, 2018

I’m still on PyCharm 2017.3.1 and I have the same issue. Continuous indexing loop for infinity for some of the python file in the project

2. Sean Stewart says:

January 23, 2018

Ever since I’ve updated, it seems the type-hinting is not recognizing built-in types. Some flags being raised by the Linter:

Unresolved attribute reference ‘get’ for class ‘dict’
    Unresolved attribute reference ‘pop’ for class ‘list’

I’ve noticed that if I update the type to a Dict or List (which is the typing module equivalent), the flags go away, however I do not do manual type-hinting on all of my projects, so this isn’t a valid workaround.

3. Ghan Patel says:

January 25, 2018

I’ve updated to 2017.3.3 and now my python 3.5.4 crashes frequently, requiring me to restart the debug server. I’m on macOS 10.13.1

4. Alexey says:

January 15, 2019

Inspection shows following warning: “Unresolved attribute reference ‘pop’ for class ‘dict'”. It appears when trying to create new key in dictionary using existing key’s value:

data = {“roles”: 1}
    data[“admin”] = additional_data.pop(“roles”)

Of course, built-in type ‘dict’ actually does have ‘pop’ method, so why is it happening?
    In simple cases like one below inspection does not show warning:

d = dict()
    r = d.pop()

• Alexey says:

January 15, 2019

Sorry, wrong version number. Previous comment applies to v. 2018.3.3.

• Ernst Haagsman says:

January 18, 2019

I can see on YouTrack that our QA engineers have been able to reproduce your issue. Thank you for letting us know!