PyCharm 2018.1 Out Now

PyCharm 2018.1PyCharm 2018.1 is now available: partial commits, code cells, SSH remote Python interpreters, and more!

Download now

• Data scientists can now define code cells in their files, and choose exactly which parts to execute. No more need to re-import your data every time you finetune your analysis!
  • Do you run Python code on remote machines? Configuring an SSH remote Python interpreter is now easier than ever.
  • Even though Python 3.7 isn’t out yet, PyCharm 2018.1 already fully supports developing Python 3.7 code.
  • Those of you who take pride in having precise commits will be pleased to hear that you can now choose which chunks of files to include in your git commits.
  • PyCharm is the Python IDE that knows your code, and PyCharm 2018.1 knows Python code better than ever with new code intelligence features.
  • Docker Compose file format 3.3 and later are now supported. Also, performance of Docker Compose interpreters has improved significantly.

And much more! Check out the What’s New page on our website to learn more. Already convinced? Download PyCharm 2018.1 now!

This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to PyCharm 2018.1 Out Now

1. Teemu Paananen says:

Thanks for the update.
    Bumped in to one issue when using docker-compose interpreter. When opening PyCharm error message appears:
    Couldn’t refresh skeletons for remote interpreter
    Failed to change owner of skeletons volume

Regenerating skeletons just brings the same error message again. Any ideas?

2. Yuri says:

When adding new docker-compose remote interpreter getting a java.lang.NullPointerException.

Any ideas how to fix it?

• Yuri says:

Found the problem, pycharm does not handle more than one authentication configuration in ~/.docker/config.json

• Maik says:

Its the same for PHPStorm (and possibly any other Jetbrains IDE which uses docker). Thank you for the advice. I created a bugreport and hope, they will fix it within one of the next versions.

3. Avraham says:

How do I update?

‘sudo snap refresh’ says:
    All snaps up to date.

4. Junjie Wang says:

Is there any plan of supporting syntax of CoffeeScript 2.0, which is quite mature and supports lots of new features? I’ve been waiting for the support for 2 years. Thanks!

5. Jakab Gábor says:

Simple usage issue: when opening-closing the Run Window using alt-4 from the editor window (run window is pinned, docked), after closing the focus does not return to the editor. No similar problem with alt-6 (todo)

6. Gaëtan de Menten says:

A great release again! I am a bit disappointed though. I hoped it would finally be the time I could stop going back and forth between PyCharm and GitExtensions to do my commits but since PyCharm apparently only supports selecting/omitting entire chunks and not individual lines, the time is not come yet (there are a ton of cases where two distinct changes are on top of each other and thus considered to be part of a single chunk).

7. Keith Freeman says:

A tiny bit more explanation of code cells would be nice, I noticed that #%% comments were the separators, then it took me a while to figure out that I need to click on the gutter green triangle (or ctl-enter).

Anyway, glad to see this feature!

8. Sam Kenny says:

Thank you for constantly pushing PyCharm.

I am running into a ‘niggle’ with 2018.1 though. It seems to be constantly scanning files to index and notifying me. When I am in another application, PyCharm displays a green tick and bounces up and down constantly in my Mac Dock, which is really annoying.

I have no file watches or background tasks running.

Is there a way to make the index file scanning less ‘noisy’?

PyCharm 2018.1 (Professional Edition)
    Build #PY-181.4203.547, built on March 26, 2018
    Licensed to untapt / Sam Kenny
    Subscription is active until November 2, 2018
    JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1136-b20 x86_64
    JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
    macOS 10.13.4

9. milan says:

snaps function is not working. I am using python 3.7 and pycharm 2018.2.2 . but still snaps is not working.
    #help