PyCharm 2018.3.3

Dmitry Filippov

PyCharm 2018.3.3 is now available. It comes with several Python-related improvements as well as a bunch of platform enhancements.
Get it now from our website.

Improved in This Version

The debugger’s on-demand variable loading policy for NumPy arrays and Pandas DataFrames

on_demand

When the on-demand variable loading policy is enabled in the debug mode, PyCharm doesn’t load NumPy arrays and Pandas DataFrames values by default. Previously, loading all the values caused severe slowdowns in case of large datasets. You can load the values manually from the debugger’s variables view when needed by simply clicking “Show value”.

File encoding specification inspection for Python 3

encodinginspection

In PyCharm 2018.3.3, we’ve added the option to enable the “No encoding specified for a file” inspection for Python 3. This option is useful for those who work on Python 2/3 compatible code.

Further improvements

• A fix for an extra __init__.py file created when moving a class into another module
  • Several Docker and Docker Compose support fixes
  • Fixes for embedded terminal
  • Many fixes coming from WebStorm and IntelliJ IDEA – see the release notes for details

Interested?

Get PyCharm 2018.3.3 now on our website

If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm RC versions and stay up to date. Find the installation instructions on our website. Snap also works for various other Linux distros.

On Windows, macOS, and Linux, you can use our helpful Toolbox App to keep all of your JetBrains IDEs up to date. Read more about the app on our website.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to PyCharm 2018.3.3

1. Greg Wilson says:

September 15, 2011

Debugging Django templates is the main reason I use PyCharm. What I’d _really_ like is code coverage for templates: we routinely use it to identify gaps in our testing of models and views, and would like something similar to identify dead code/untested code in templates as well.

2. Robert says:

September 15, 2011

That is indeed slick! Can’t wait to see what else you have up your sleeves.

3. PyCharm: Django Templates Debugging with PyCharm | Python | Syngu says:

September 16, 2011

[…] more time in order to ask for some feedback for a future development or just inform those who… Read more… Categories: Python     Share | Related […]

4. Heiko Behrens says:

September 20, 2011

Does it work with GAE templates as well? Wasn’t able to add a breakpoint so far 🙁

5. keywind says:

June 7, 2012

I just can’t place the breakpoint when I Click the left gutter area at a line of my template html file, the caret did’t appear. I’m using Pycharm 2.5 trial version on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

6. Srikant says:

July 24, 2013

I am using Pycharm with license.. The only reason why I bought Pycharm is I can debug templates (compared to Pydev) but I am totally disappointed as It always shows only 3 variables – False, True, None and nothing else.
    I can put breakpoints in django templates and it does stop at breakpoint but it doesn’t show the variables… I did step thru many lines of code but still it doesn’t show variables….Any idea what is going on.

• cmedcoff says:

April 25, 2014

I am having the same problem as Srikant. I sure would like some explanation.

• cmedcoff says:

April 25, 2014

Just installed latest version. Same problem.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

April 25, 2014

Hi, could you please file a bug to youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/PY on that? We’ll be able to track it.

7. luca nicoli says:

January 14, 2019

Great Job with on-demand variable loading policy!!