We’re happy to announce general availability of our latest update to PyCharm 2018.3. In this update we’ve fixed a couple of issues, and some other small updates.
New in This Version
- Pasting a new name over a variable that was defined right after an indented block, would cause PyCharm to incorrectly indent the variable. See PY-22563.
- In some cases inserting a newline in an f-string would lead to invalid code. See PY-32918.
- PyCharm can now create Python 3.7 Conda environments
- Many improvements in SQL support. Did you know that PyCharm Professional Edition bundles all features from JetBrains DataGrip in its Database tool window?
- See the release notes for more details
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2.4 Is Out!
We’ve just released another update for v2023.2. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or by using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. This version brings the following refinements: To…
PyCharm 2023.2.2 Is Now Available
You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. Also, you can download it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.2 Here is the list of the most important improvements that you’ll find in this update: PyCh…
PyCharm 2023.2.1 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.2.1, the first bug-fix update for PyCharm 2023.2, is now available! You can update to v2023.2.1 by using the Toolbox App, installing it right from the IDE, or downloading it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.1 Here are the most notable fixes available in this version: …
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!