This week’s Early Access Program (EAP) for PyCharm 2019.3 is available now! Download it from our website.
New for this version
Test templates for pytest support
Support for pytest test creation using pytest templates was added. Now you can create and edit test files using pytest templates.
To create a test using these templates first you will need to set pytest as the default test runner (
Settings/Preferences | Tools | Python Integrated Tools then on the
Default test runner option select
pytest). Then navigate to the context menu from the method declaration you wish to create a test from. Click on
Go To | Test and select
Create New Test. A dialog will open so you can configure your testing file accordingly. Once you click
OK on this dialog PyCharm will generate a file using the appropriate test method.
Fixed in this version
- The “Go to Declaration”/”Go to Implementations” behavior was corrected so they will properly lead to library implementations and not other files.
- We fixed an error that made imports to be inserted before module-level dunder names. Now, in compliance to PEP-8, imports are placed after dunders.
- An issue was solved that wasn’t allowing to use quick fix to install missing packages when the interpreter is switched through the Status Bar.
- Some issues causing an interpreter not to be removed through the project settings or changed when using the interpreter widget were solved.
- For more details on what’s new in this version, see the release notes
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm EAP, and stay up to date. You can find the installation instructions on our website.