PyCharm 2019.2.4 is now available!
Fixed in this Version
- A regression issue that caused Pytest not to work properly with the debugger console was fixed.
- The debugger console problem for PyQt5 that caused it to crash was solved.
- We fixed an issue that was causing NumPy arrays not to be properly formatted in the Data View panel.
- The IronPython problem causing the debugger to fail was fixed.
- We took care of the debugger stack trace messages that are displayed when the debugger is stopped so they won’t show so you can properly know when the process was ended.
- The regression issue causing the Pytest test suite to raise an error in PyCharm was solved.
- A platform issue that was modifying original file permissions upon saving them was solved.
- We tweaked the error messages for SSH connections to show information properly.
- Adding data source for databases via the explorer now opens directly the actual type of data source selected.
- Completion for databases is now aware of the database or schema you’re currently working with so it will only show suggestions that belong to that context.
- And much more, check out our release notes for more details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…
PyCharm 2023.1.3 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.1.3 is out. Learn about the most notable fixes that this build brings.