PyCharm 2020.1 EAP 3
We have a new Early Access Program (EAP) version of PyCharm that can be now downloaded from our website.
We have concentrated on fixing the issues that needed to be fixed and making lots of improvements so the final PyCharm 2020.1 will be everything you hoped for. Here is a rundown of some of the things you can expect from this build.
Improved in PyCharm
- The bug which saw users unable to save all the Live templates that were generated by duplicating and editing existing ones has been resolved.
- When you have multiple print statements one after the other and you want to convert print to print() it now works correctly. So when you have multiple print statements one after the other, you can convert them all at once without ending up with a load of redundant import statements to deal with.
- An error occurring with the Jupyter notebooks has been fixed. Now, if the notebook has been left open the preview won’t be blank when you restart PyCharm.
- The Enum class no longer gives a false positive “Unexpected argument”.
- No one wants to take incompatible plugins with them. So “until-build” versions that are out of date can now be deleted from your PyCharm.
- Actually, this is just a select few improvements made in this build. We have a lot of improvements from the JetBrains WebStorm team which will go into the professional version. For more details on what’s new in this version, see the release notes.
Download this EAP from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date throughout the entire EAP.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm EAP and stay up to date. You can find the installation instructions on our website.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 5: Black Formatter Integration, Endpoints Tool Window for Django REST Framework
This EAP build includes the Black formatter integration, a new Endpoints tool window for Django REST framework, the Run Anything tool, support for installing dependencies from pyproject.toml, inlay parameter name hints, and much more!
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 4 Is Out!
The third EAP build brings improvements that include the new AI assistant and support for DevContainers.
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 3 Is Out!
The third EAP build brings improvements for working with Docker compose and an update to the pytest support.