PyCharm 2019.3.4

Ernst Haagsman

We’ve fixed a couple of issues in PyCharm 2019.3. You can get it from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), using JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.

In this version of PyCharm

And many more small fixes, see our release notes for details.

Getting the New Version

You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

14 Responses to PyCharm 2019.3.4

1. PyCharm 2016.3 公开预览版3 发布 - 工具云 says:

November 10, 2016

[…] 发布说明和完整更新日志 […]

2. Ivan says:

November 10, 2016

Guys, what happened to directory icons in project view in 2016.3?
    I didn’t manage to find anything on this in changelog

• Ernst Haagsman says:

November 10, 2016

Hi Ivan,

We’ve changed to a new ‘flat icon’ style in PyCharm 2016.3, this is a new style for all IDEA-based IDEs. It was mentioned in the blog post about the first public preview version (“New flat file icons”). For some more details, and screenshot, you can have a look at the IntelliJ preview page: https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/nextversion/#user-interface

Thank you for trying our preview version!
      Ernst

• Ivan says:

November 10, 2016

Apart from other things, UI is getting worse – your designers started from throwing out cool recognizable app icon and replacing it with faceless sh*t. This time they replaced very nice-looking file and dir icons with something looking like temporary placeholders for future design, missing for now. What’s wrong with your designers?

• Alex Czarnowski says:

November 10, 2016

I must say that new icons are maybe less noisy but are also a lot less readable – in the old scheme I took me single 1 sec peek at a file panel to know if it is a package or just a directory for example. Now since icons are quite similar to each other it is not that simple.

Secondly may I ask is docker-compose support for Windows planned finally?

• Ernst Haagsman says:

November 14, 2016

I just checked with the developers: Docker Compose is planned on Windows, we’re working on it, and it should be in one of the next releases. Unfortunately we won’t have it ready for 2016.3, but stay tuned for the next EAP!

• Alex Czarnowski says:

November 20, 2016

Thank you for the feedback. I will.

3. Brian says:

November 11, 2016

I had to roll back to pycharm 2016.2.3

I’m unable to launch my docker containers. When I have a little more time I’ll dig into it more. Maybe it’s already on your radar.

• Ernst Haagsman says:

November 14, 2016

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for trying out our public preview! Could you please create a ticket on https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/PY ? I don’t see any previously reported issues with launching Docker containers, so we’d be very interested in hearing about the issue you’re experiencing.

Thank you!
      Ernst

4. Jakub says:

November 12, 2016

Thank you for update, IPython fixes are great, but those icons are really ugly. I hope you will create plugin for icons from previous version.

5. Niedes says:

December 19, 2016

The direoctory icons in 2016.3 are so ugly that I rolled back to 2016.2

6. Serhij says:

January 22, 2017

Guys, your issue about new-style icons has a simple solution: just copy icons.jar (from older version, like 2016.2.3) into /PyCharm/install/path/PyCharm 2016.3.2/lib/

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/pNeCH5d.png

At this time – I had not found, where located file-icons, so this solution works only for folders (as you can see on the screenshot)

Here is icons.jar uploaded by me: https://goo.gl/3Krzf6

P.S. I spent about 6 minutes to find folder-icons location and about 3 minutes to download older version release and install it

7. Peter Schorn says:

March 18, 2020

Why haven’t you guys fixed this issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-24193?_ga=2.81891478.143113159.1584336726-993266976.1576954140 ?

8. webtweakers says:

March 19, 2020

I just upgraded and now ALL template tags are unresolved.