PyCharm 2020.1.1 is out with fixes for small issues, including usability problems introduced by version 2020.1. Update from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), using the JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.
In this version of PyCharm:
- We fixed a problem with the DataFrame viewer window being small and not expanding upon resizing
- We implemented several small tasks points to ensure that Python 3.9 alpha interpreters will work as expected
- We fixed autocompletion for TypedDict arguments for functions
- We brought back an old functionality into our CSV data editor that will make editing CSV files easier by showing tabs for ‘Data’ and ‘Text’ (only in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- We fixed a bug that prevented the debugger from working on Python 3.5 and earlier
- We fixed a performance issue that made the UI freeze while the user was editing SQL strings
- We fixed a performance issue reported after importing Matplotlib into the python console
And many more small fixes, see our release notes for details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…
PyCharm 2023.1.3 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.1.3 is out. Learn about the most notable fixes that this build brings.