PyCharm 2020.2.2 is out now with important fixes to improve your usability and productivity. Update from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), using the JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.
Fixes in this build:
- We fixed an old pain-point in our inspections where a false positive “unexpected arguments” was thrown while using Flask-SQLAlchemy.
- We fixed an issue with Windows Defender that used to raise a message “Windows Defender might impact performance” even when the directories were already listed in the Windows Defender exclusions list.
- If you work with Angular.js you would like to know that a fix to completely ignore syntax errors in ng-options attribute has been implemented.
- We fixed a problem that prompted the GitHub login dialog when users tried to update a project from or push changes to GitHub.
We also had important fixes in our console subsystem:
- We fixed a bug that threw a FutureWarning in the console while using Pandas.
- We fixed a problem that made the console hang after a period of inactivity.
And many more small fixes, see our release notes for more details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…
PyCharm 2023.1.3 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.1.3 is out. Learn about the most notable fixes that this build brings.