Release Candidate for PyCharm 2021.1.3 Is Out
This Release Candidate for the minor PyCharm 2021.1.3 release contains a list of fixes to make your PyCharm 2021.1 experience smoother. Note that the following functionality is only available in PyCharm Professional: support for Django, frontend, and databases.
Thank you for all the feedback you’ve shared with us in our issue tracker!
Here are the major bug fixes:
- User interface: Ctrl+Shift+Arrow shortcut selects text in a dialog window rather than stretching the window. [IDEA-267294]
- Quick documentation: .jpeg and .svg images are rendered correctly. [IDEA-256001]
- Plugins: disabled plugins that have been updated to the latest version don’t cause a false notification saying a plugin update is required. [IDEA-267878]
- VCS: the “Compare branch” popup is displayed correctly. [IDEA-251381]
- Projector: PyCharm doesn’t crash on restart when Projector is used. [IDEA-269591]
- Python Console: “Run Cell and Select Below” shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) in SciView now moves the caret to the next cell after execution. [PY-48157]
- Django: Code Completion for Django Models now works correctly. [PY-48252]
- Debugger: when the “Attach to Node.js/Chrome” Run/Debug configuration is used, the debugger reconnects automatically upon node restart. [WEB-50455]
- Databases: code completion for table synonyms works correctly for databases in MS SQL. [DBE-4531]
For the full list of resolved issues, please see the release notes.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…
Build Django Apps on Google Cloud With PyCharm and Cloud Code
Learn how to build and run your applications both in a local Kubernetes cluster (Docker Desktop or Minikube) and remotely in Google Kubernetes Engine using Cloud Code and PyCharm.