PyCharm 2021.1.3 Is Out
The PyCharm 2021.1.3 release fixes some major issues in the IDE performance, UI, and specific features. Support for Django, frontend, and databases is only available in PyCharm Professional.
Thank you for all the feedback you’ve shared with us in our issue tracker!
You can get the latest build from inside the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or using snaps for Ubuntu. It is also available for download from our website.
Here are the major bug fixes:
- Fixed the problems behind several UI freezes. [JBR-2755]
- Fixed the infinite indexing issue. [IDEA-266989]
- User interface: Ctrl+Shift+Arrow shortcut selects text in a dialog window rather than stretching the window. [IDEA-267294]
- It is now possible to work with KWallet without errors. [IDEA-261634]
- Quick documentation: .jpeg and .svg images are rendered correctly. [IDEA-256001]
- Plugins: disabled plugins that have been updated to the latest version don’t cause a false notification saying a plugin update is required. [IDEA-267878]
- VCS: Fixed an unexpected closure of the “Compare branch” dialog. [IDEA-251381]
- Projector: PyCharm doesn’t crash on restart when Projector is used. [IDEA-269591]
- Python Console: “Run Cell and Select Below” shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) in SciView now moves the caret to the next cell after execution. [PY-48157]
- Django: Code Completion for Django Models now works correctly. [PY-48252]
- Debugger: when the “Attach to Node.js/Chrome” Run/Debug configuration is used, the debugger reconnects automatically upon node restart. [WEB-50455]
- Databases: code completion for table synonyms works correctly for databases in MS SQL. [DBE-4531]
For the full list of resolved issues, please see the release notes.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2.2 Is Now Available
You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. Also, you can download it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.2 Here is the list of the most important improvements that you’ll find in this update: PyCh…
PyCharm 2023.2.1 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.2.1, the first bug-fix update for PyCharm 2023.2, is now available! You can update to v2023.2.1 by using the Toolbox App, installing it right from the IDE, or downloading it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.1 Here are the most notable fixes available in this version: …
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…