PyCharm 2021.1.3 Is Out
The PyCharm 2021.1.3 release fixes some major issues in the IDE performance, UI, and specific features. Support for Django, frontend, and databases is only available in PyCharm Professional.
Thank you for all the feedback you’ve shared with us in our issue tracker!
You can get the latest build from inside the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or using snaps for Ubuntu. It is also available for download from our website.
Here are the major bug fixes:
- Fixed the problems behind several UI freezes. [JBR-2755]
- Fixed the infinite indexing issue. [IDEA-266989]
- User interface: Ctrl+Shift+Arrow shortcut selects text in a dialog window rather than stretching the window. [IDEA-267294]
- It is now possible to work with KWallet without errors. [IDEA-261634]
- Quick documentation: .jpeg and .svg images are rendered correctly. [IDEA-256001]
- Plugins: disabled plugins that have been updated to the latest version don’t cause a false notification saying a plugin update is required. [IDEA-267878]
- VCS: Fixed an unexpected closure of the “Compare branch” dialog. [IDEA-251381]
- Projector: PyCharm doesn’t crash on restart when Projector is used. [IDEA-269591]
- Python Console: “Run Cell and Select Below” shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) in SciView now moves the caret to the next cell after execution. [PY-48157]
- Django: Code Completion for Django Models now works correctly. [PY-48252]
- Debugger: when the “Attach to Node.js/Chrome” Run/Debug configuration is used, the debugger reconnects automatically upon node restart. [WEB-50455]
- Databases: code completion for table synonyms works correctly for databases in MS SQL. [DBE-4531]
For the full list of resolved issues, please see the release notes.