RubyMine is 2.0 and counting
We just mined RubyMine 2.0 — go and grab it!
This is an important step as with this new version RubyMine bridges the previous gaps in terms of supported frameworks and tools. The IDE now does a great job and meets the needs of most Ruby and Rails developers.
The key changes are:
- Support for Ruby 1.9 and the latest Ruby on Rails framework
- Advanced refactorings for Ruby code with support for Rails project specifics
- Improved Ruby code analysis and new code duplicates detection routine
- Rails internationalization (i18n) support with coding assistance
- Specific assistance for creating and running Cucumber test scenarios and Shoulda tests
Compared with the previous version, RubyMine 2.0 is based on a newer IntelliJ Platform version, which brings many general improvements to the IDE, such as: improved version control systems support, particularly, Git; integrated spell checker, and many others.
So, here is the plan for you:
And for us:
plan the new versions
- Have a party!
- Plan the new versions
The RubyMine Team