RubyMine debugger improved
During the last week we’ve been working hard on improving RubyMine built in debugger and here are some results.
As you may know RubyMine uses ruby-debug-base and ruby-debug-ide gems inside its graphical debugger. Many of the problems experienced by our users when using the debugger in RubyMine are actually caused by bugs in those gems. Fortunately, we’ve been able to fix the most problematic of these third party gems bugs, such as segmentation faults, wrong local variables values, not stopping on breakpoints and some others.
Besides these fixes, we’ve done lots of improvements on RubyMine’s side such as:
- Improved variables view with fields, global variables and even constants used in scope
- Fixed problem with stealth breakpoints while working with several projects simultaneously
- Jump to source is available now for debugger variables
- Check that you are using the latest available debug gems
- Bundled fixed gems versions while our fixes are not yet accepted to the mainstream
We are pretty sure that all these improvements will definitely improve your debugging experience with RubyMine. All of them will be available in coming RubyMine 3.0 RC build. Stay tuned!
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!