RubyMine 3.1: Faster Code Completion, New Refactoring, SQL Console and more
RubyMine 3.1 is available for download.
This update brings a lot of fixes to the IDE functionality, stability and performance, but also adds several new features. In RubyMine we introduce something new and long-awaited with every new release. So, make sure to check these new functions:
- Autopopup code completion — code completion suggestions appear instantly as you type.
- Introduce Parameter refactoring added for Ruby.
- SQL console — RubyMine auto-detects the database your Rails project uses and offers an SQL console.
- Command line application (‘mine’) — opens files and projects in RubyMine from command line.
- Added ability to build Rails app into a .WAR file.
- Structure view now works for Shoudla tests and for Test::Unit “test” closures.
- GitHub integration — open projects in IDE right from a remote repository, or share your project as a new GitHub repository right from the IDE (screencast).
- Floating editor windows — tweak your workspace by undocking and dragging the editor tabs (screencast).
Try RubyMine now or download and update your current version.
Last call: RubyMine mega-special-offer ends today! You still have several hours to get your nearly free license. :)
Develop with pleasure!
The RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2022.2 Released
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.2 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What's New page. Support for Rails URLs With RubyMine 2022.2 you can click links in server logs for View, Route, and other references to navi…
RubyMine 2022.1.1 Is Available
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the current major version, is now available. You can update using the Toolbox App, right from inside the IDE, or by downloading RubyMine 2022.1.1 from our website. With this update we fixed the issues that were caused when Rails 3 support wa…
RubyMine Plans to Retire Support for Rails 3 and Other Outdated Features
Dear all, As some of you already know, RubyMine 2022.1 was shipped without support for Rails 3. The reason for this decision was quite simple: Rails 3 reached End Of Life many years ago, and most of you had long since switched to the newer Rails releases. Hence, continuing to support Rails 3 in Rub…
RubyMine 2022.1 Released
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2022.1 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What’s New page. Support for new language features RubyMine 2022.1 includes support for most of the new Ruby and RBS features introdu…