RubyMine 5.0.1 is Out

Posted on by Tatiana Vasilyeva

Hello everyone,

The last week was full of your comments and feedback. Thanks to them we found some major issues we had to fix as soon as possible with the IRB console debugging issue among others. So, we’ve made RubyMine 5.0.1 release available for you. See the full list of fixes and use “Check for Updates…” to download and install the update as a patch to your existing installation or download RubyMine 5.0.1 from our website.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to RubyMine 5.0.1 is Out

1. Nicolas says:

February 13, 2013

When can we expect the remote SDK feature on IDEA?, i really need this =D!

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 14, 2013

Nicolas, do you mean Ruby SDK in IDEA + Ruby plugin or you’re talking about Java?

• Nicolas says:

February 14, 2013

Tatiana, Yes the Ruby remote SDK feature in IDEA + the Ruby plugin. I work on a virtual machine for Ruby development and this would help immensely =)

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 15, 2013

All the new features of RubyMine 5 will be available in IDEA + Ruby plugin with IDEA 12.1 release.

• Nicolas says:

February 15, 2013

Any ideas when will 12.1 be out?

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 15, 2013

EAP has been already opened and we’re testing plugin at the moment. Hopefully will be available soon.

2. Jonathan O'Connor says:

February 14, 2013

Tatiana,
    when I try to create an IRB Console run configuration, I get told that Spork server script isn’t specified. Do I need spork for an IRB Console? If yes, how do I set this? I’m running 5.0.1

• Oleg Sukhodolsky says:

February 15, 2013

My bad – nasty copy-past mistake 🙁
      I’ve filed ticket about it (http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-13138) it will be fixed in next version.
      Btw if you just need to run IRB console it is supposed to use Tools|Run Irb Console… menu for this (just easier then create config manually).

• Jonathan O'Connor says:

February 15, 2013

Oleg, we’ve all made those copy-paste errors. I normally use the command line anyway for IRB and Rails Console. Will Rails Console also work in a run window?

• Oleg Sukhodolsky says:

February 15, 2013

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for your support.
          And yes, it is possible to run rails console from RM (Tools|Run Rails Console…)

3. Dmitry says:

February 14, 2013

In terms of MacGem and MacRake? So that I will not need a terminal window opened for every time I want to run my app…

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 19, 2013

Dmitry,
      We support MacRuby syntax highlighting only so it seems to be a new feature request. Could you please add it to http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/ruby so you can watch for any comments and updates then.

4. ruby.freeman says:

February 17, 2013

when I quickly scroll the text in the editor, after getting the end it jumps to the next opened tab. Is this a bug or feature? If last, how can I disable this?

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 19, 2013

It is definitely not a feature 🙁 And I can’t reproduce it I’m afraid. Could you please add an issue to http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/ruby with any details?

• ruby.freeman says: